no life yet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickyickie

Reaction score
how long does it realy take for a seed to sprout when planted right in to soil. ive had mine in for 12 days and nothing yet. im starting to worry am i doing something wrong? the grow season is only so long. dont want to get a late start im using peat moss with some perlite. they are out side in the sun all day but i keep them well moistened. any suggestions is greatly appriciated. sorry for my spelling

I like to use the "paper towel" method, cause then i know they sprout. Its also easier to put them by a heat source that way. Its funny how we can TRY to get them to sprout, but if you throw some bagseed beeners in a houseplant, they will surprise you one day!

I always germ directly into the medium unless the seeds are old. The more times you handle a seed, the more chances you have to damage it and/or pass pathogens to it.

Where did you get the seeds? Were they stored properly?

I don't pre germ seeds any more. Straight to soil. It depends on how viable the seed is. How old they are, and how well they were stored all factors also. I dropped another on Friday and it popped its head up Sunday. If I don't see anything after 7-10 days I'll carefully dig and see if it cracked and has a tail or not.

thanks every one. my the first 4 i put in a glass of distiled water for 24 hrs then in to the soil the last 4 i put straight in to soil. it was bag seed not sure how old.and i never touched them only with tweezers.i did dig one of my first 4 that i put in water up after 8 days and it had a little tap root put nothing poking out yet after 12 days. the thing is i had no trouble last year i grew in mg but every one said NO not mg so i spent some money to try to do it right. now i cant get nothing to grow. so i will keep trying sooner or later i will get one to pop, i hope

Well if its Bagseed,,that may be the least of your problems.Hermies is what ya better be watching for. You cant get ahold of any good beans?

my bagseed is realy good smoke. only if i buy good beans but by time i get them it will be to late and i dont think they will have enough time to finish

No i understand that its great Weed,,,but those seeds should not be in the bag unless it was polinated or Hermied. Cant imagine anyone giving ya weed they wanted for seed, so im guessing those are seeds from a plant thats Hermied.

so then its a good chance that they wont be no good. i dont understand. what will the plant be both male and female is that what hermie is. dont want to ask stupid ? but i dont have much know how on the subject. thanks for the info very helpfull

When you find seeds in a bag of cannabis that should really be sensi, the seeds are almost always the result of the plant selfing. This means that the female plant sprouted male "parts" that released viable pollen. As the resulting seeds have no xy chromosome, they are females, which may sound good, but it isn't and this is why. The resulting seeds now carry the hermie genetics and have a very great chance of producing male parts and making seeds themselves. If there are only a couple of seeds, it is not a disaster. But sometimes it is not a small amount of seeds, Sometimes your entire crop is pollinated and every plant will be loaded with seeds. Up to 75% of your bud weight can be in seeds. Not only is seeded bud a huge PITA to clean and smoke, but the resulting bud is not as potent because the majority of the plants energy has gone into creating seeds and not THC.

As quality seeds with known genetics are so available and so reasonable, I do not understanding anyone taking this huge risk with their crops. It takes about 4 months to take a plant from seed to smoke. It just sucks to get 3-1/2 months through and lose virtually your entire crop to seeds. There is also the chance that the plant was accidentally pollinated with stray pollen from ditch weed, which would also suck.

There is a huge advantage in picking out a strain that YOU like and that has the characteristics you are looking for. In addition, you can almost always find someone who has grown the same strain and can give you growing advice. The breeder's info will tell you things like how big the plant is expected to get, whether it grows short and bushy or tall and lanky, how long it takes to flower, any other peculiarities the strain may have, etc, etc.

I ordered the Exodus Cheese as it is supposed to be good on pain. It is wonderful to be able to decide what you want your cannabis to do for you and then go look for that strain. I find this site to be a good place to get strain info. https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring

great info. i grow outdoors and it takes longer than 4 month because i dont have all day sunlight and that sucks but it is what it is. so for now it will have to do but next year i will be better informed to do the right thing. i do have 2 good beans growing one is a double glock and a delicious critical super silver haze both fem. but i got to nurse them back to health they aint looking very good at the moment. i just wanted to start a couple more just in case they dont make it. thanks. again for the info

Latest posts

Back