No light to lower leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craterlake

Reaction score
Hi Folks! How's everybody doin'? I have a concern with my garden. I have four very healthy ladies growing, but the foliage is so thick, the lower leaves aren't getting much light and some of them are turning light green. Uniformly light green. Like fish in cave rivers that don't get light, they lose their pigment. I'm afraid that's happeneing to my girls. I got roundly yelled at last year for removing some leaves, so what now? Will this hurt the plants? The two plants I got from the grower aren't as thick as my two, but it's like a jungle in that closet.

Thanks in advance for the help!

How old are they? How tall are they? what kind of light are your using? What are you feeding them.

If they are not in flower yet........ your closet is gonna go wild when they do.

Oh..... don't touch the leaves.:D

Sounds normal to me...Plant is useing up those resources and will drop those leafs.Im not yelling at ya but the leafs are the plants energy so why would ya want to remove it?

Grower13 said:
How old are they? How tall are they? what kind of light are your using? What are you feeding them.

If they are not in flower yet........ your closet is gonna go wild when they do.

Oh..... don't touch the leaves.:D

Well, let's see..my two are forty-two inches tall and were started in Oct. and Nov respectively. The two I got from the grower are 32 inches and I have no idea how old they are. he told me they were ready for flower and I put all of them in flower on 1/20. I am feeding them Tiger Bloom. I am using three 400 HPS lights.

craterlake said:
Well, let's see..my two are forty-two inches tall and were started in Oct. and Nov respectively. The two I got from the grower are 32 inches and I have no idea how old they are. he told me they were ready for flower and I put all of them in flower on 1/20. I am feeding them Tiger Bloom. I am using three 400 HPS lights.

You got it going on....... your not looking to get anything below top 2 feet of growth any way...... good luck with the grow. be safe.

I almost always remove the bottom 1/4 of my ladies in veg...sometimes I wait till a week before the flip...helps with airflow down low and IMO let's the plant focus it's energy on the upper buds that hve more potential for growth considering the amount of light they are receiving. If I want to make hash I leave the whole plant alone and then use all the crappy popcorn buds and most of the medium sized buds. But when growing strictly for smoke I always trim the bottom. Jmo

Latest posts

Back