No one ever said bubble hash didn’t taste or smell good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's in the fridge 30 mins folks, not the end of time! I find if this isn't done and mixture kept as cold as possible, my bags, at least the 25, 45, 73 and 90 feel sticky....this is from tricks softening....I prefer they stay hard and pass through the mesh.

Grinding anything to powder before work bag doesn't yield clean trics for me, it produces a dark green in color result, that personally I prefer to "clean" or "clear" bubble. It's like dark Afghan hash. I find it pleasant, Delicious and easier to deal with than the more pure trichome stuff that bubbles well.

Haven't had any that smelled bad though...hope your new batch is improved.

Bubba

Have you got bubble bags? 4 of them working bag at 220 and three others 25 73 and 120 are what I use. Start with the 25 put it in the bucket then 75 and 120. Finally pour a couple of gallons of water R/O preferably in the bucket. Then put you plant material and ice in the working bag in the bucket....stir until it bubbles.....repeat every 15 to 20 minutes. Two hrs later do a pull. Working bag first .....let drain and do each until it drains....hash will be on the screen....scrape it and put it on a silk screen with a paper towel under for drainage. Put it all back and stir as before......do this 3 or fr times.

Clean up your mess......ha ha.

Don't squeeze the bags or you will get plant material like Bubba said.

@pute, Those are exactly the ones I used: work bag 220 & 25, 73, 120 & 160.

We DID have trouble getting it to bubble when we were stirring, but we were stirring by hand. Once we put the wooden spoon on a drill, we got bubbles.

I hadn’t heard about the “two hours later’. That, I didn’t do. I only let it sit for 15-20 minutes (I learned most from videos on You Tube) , ..no, I take that back. Just checked my notes and it was only 10-15 minutes. So, I guess 2 hours will make a difference? *We did all the other the same as you explained.

I guess if we have to wait 2 hours for each time, and do it 3 times, that’s 6 hours waiting time…. Better start a little earlier in the day ;). (No emojis..I’m lost!..they’ve been grayed out the last two replies).

Thank you so much for your help. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

OH!
The one thing we had a difference on is in finishing. I noticed one of you mentioned (sorrry too tired to look) not to put it in the refrigerator when drying.

Any suggestions or run-through on drying after I’m through.

Thanks again. This one’s going to be a full half pound of cannabis, so however it comes out, I’ll be putting up with for awhile!

Have fun.....stir it aggressively until it by bubbles.
I used a paint stirrer on a 1/2 drill
weeeeeeeeeeee
1629497428622.png

Good point Roster but I concur with Bubba. I got all type of plant material doing this. Sure is easier on the back.
I did it that way once now I do the spoon too
Love how big my arm has gotten
1629498903246.png

My dedicated cement mixer works great! Ask Yoop.

I've never tried to dry hash in a refrigerator. I chop it up, spread it out in a Pyrex dish, and let it dry. If I lived where my house was humid, I'd make sure there was air circulating via a ceiling fan/anything as long as it's not on warp speed and blowing my goodies all over.

My dedicated cement mixer works great! Ask Yoop.

I've never tried to dry hash in a refrigerator. I chop it up, spread it out in a Pyrex dish, and let it dry. If I lived where my house was humid, I'd make sure there was air circulating via a ceiling fan/anything as long as it's not on warp speed and blowing my goodies all over.

SO….no refrigerator & it will not get mold? ……it’s going to be a lot and I sure don’t want to mess it up. Right now it’s 92% humidity here outside. Inside is 56%.

I’ll give it a try. Wish me luck.

My husband wanted to use a large paint mixer instead of a wooden spoon on the drill. I thought it was going to be too rough. It would have to be done only in the bucket as it would tear up the bag. I saw someone do it on a video, and I could see it for the first time, but I don’t think I’d want to take it out of the bag for the 2nd & 3rd times.

Also, it seems like it would ‘beat’ it too much.

So, he finally bent to my will, and bought a 12” long ‘paint mixer’ with flexible fins on the end, which looks like it will be gentle enough. Our small (maybe the smallest one!) Walmart only had wide-handled wooden spoons. He would have had to drive to the next town to get a wooden spoon……SO, this will do fine.

Takes me all day. Put you ice, product and water in, mix, wait 2 hrs and pull.....repeat.

Curious 🤨. I’ve looked & looked, and can’t find anything that mentions letting it wait/rest more than about 20 minutes tops. It’ll take six hours just waiting PLUS everything else. If it makes a difference, I’ll be glad to do it ;) ; but, if not…..

??
Thanks again 😊

My husband wanted to use a large paint mixer instead of a wooden spoon on the drill. I thought it was going to be too rough. It would have to be done only in the bucket as it would tear up the bag. I saw someone do it on a video, and I could see it for the first time, but I don’t think I’d want to take it out of the bag for the 2nd & 3rd times.

Also, it seems like it would ‘beat’ it too much.

So, he finally bent to my will, and bought a 12” long ‘paint mixer’ with flexible fins on the end, which looks like it will be gentle enough. Our small (maybe the smallest one!) Walmart only had wide-handled wooden spoons. He would have had to drive to the next town to get a wooden spoon……SO, this will do fine.
Just beat in in a clean bucket. i just do it by hand, but usually 2 oz or so. 4 oz was most I did at once. Then pour it into another identical bucket with the work bag. I always use two buckets. I dont fit them all on one bucket and pour once, I pour through one, pull it and set to drain. then fit the next bag on the empty bucket, pour, lift. Fit next bag to empty bucket, pour, lift and so on.

Bubba

Curious 🤨. I’ve looked & looked, and can’t find anything that mentions letting it wait/rest more than about 20 minutes tops. It’ll take six hours just waiting PLUS everything else. If it makes a difference, I’ll be glad to do it ;) ; but, if not…..

??
Thanks again 😊
That's all I do, 20- 30 mins. Just keep it cold. Letting this mix warm up is not a good thing. Tricomes respond easily to heat and cold. Cold brisk water keeps them solid, even finger tip heat can soften and melt them...sticky is not good with bubble.

Bubba

That's all I do, 20- 30 mins. Just keep it cold. Letting this mix warm up is not a good thing. Tricomes respond easily to heat and cold. Cold brisk water keeps them solid, even finger tip heat can soften and melt them...sticky is not good with bubble.

Bubba

Good point about keeping it cold. I was thinking about so many things, and had watched so many videos; read so many posts, etc….that my brain is mush just from all of that.

We’re in the middle of it right now, and it’s ‘resting’ for the 20 minutes (we had already decided on that ;) ). so, I stopped to see if there was an answer. Thanks for taking the time once again to help on both counts.

We used 8 oz, and WOW, did it ever take a long time (AND was SO heavy for most of that time!) for BOTH of us shaking that 25 micron bag to get it to drain! I see why you don’t do more than 4 oz at once ;).

Thanks again for your help! Maybe someday I’ll know enough to share something with you.

Peace ☮️

Last edited:
Good point about keeping it cold. I was thinking about so many things, and had watched so many videos; read so many posts, etc….that my brain is mush just from all of that.

We’re in the middle of it right now, and it’s ‘resting’ for the 20 minutes (we had already decided on that ;) ). so, I stopped to see if there was an answer. Thanks for taking the time once again to help on both counts.

We used 8 oz, and WOW, did it ever take a long time (AND was SO heavy for most of that time!) for BOTH of us shaking that 25 micron bag to get it to drain! I see why you don’t do more than 4 oz at once ;).

Thanks again for your help! Maybe someday I’ll know enough to share something with you.

Peace ☮️
I'm betting you are learning alot right now! 8 oz is a lot of work. I'm assuming 5 gallon bags?

I took my left over work bag of beaten weed let ice thaw threw it in stockpot ( the weed not the work bag!) with more water and a big glob of butter. Simmer for a long time at low heat stirring.

Then strain, squeeze, glass bowl with plastic top and pop in fridge for butter to harden.

Water and trash will be under the butter, dump it.
Bubba

Latest posts

Back