No one ever said bubble hash didn’t taste or smell good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[{{{{{{embarrassed}}}}}}}

In doing our bubble hash, I was going over my notes this morning, and BOOM!, it struck me, I left out an important part last time……drying the hash right after putting it on the micron screen/before chopping it….as in blotting it. I was checking the videos to find anything that might help (my poor old brain needs a boost or two or three..LOL), and it came right at the point where a guy was using (something wasteful, but useful) a blotter to dry his hash, and I think that’s the reason mine didn’t taste good. I’ll know in about 5-7 days :).

So, I’ve been dutifully blotting today. We’re on our 2nd run….the 25 micron screen bag is kicking our butts…we’ve had to stop halfway and set it in another bucket because our muscles are gone. Next time, it’ll be only 4 oz, not 8! We’re ‘too old for this shit’, so to speak. (Not too old to smoke it, though!) …boy, I miss the emojis. I count on them for expression.
Anyone know why they aren’t there for replies? Are they supposed to be?

So, there’s my confession ((embarrassed again}}. Live and LEARN! And, I’m not too embarrassed to admit my mistakes ;).

[{{{{{{embarrassed}}}}}}}

In doing our bubble hash, I was going over my notes this morning, and BOOM!, it struck me, I left out an important part last time……drying the hash right after putting it on the micron screen/before chopping it….as in blotting it. I was checking the videos to find anything that might help (my poor old brain needs a boost or two or three..LOL), and it came right at the point where a guy was using (something wasteful, but useful) a blotter to dry his hash, and I think that’s the reason mine didn’t taste good. I’ll know in about 5-7 days :).

So, I’ve been dutifully blotting today. We’re on our 2nd run….the 25 micron screen bag is kicking our butts…we’ve had to stop halfway and set it in another bucket because our muscles are gone. Next time, it’ll be only 4 oz, not 8! We’re ‘too old for this shit’, so to speak. (Not too old to smoke it, though!) …boy, I miss the emojis. I count on them for expression.
Anyone know why they aren’t there for replies? Are they supposed to be?

So, there’s my confession ((embarrassed again}}. Live and LEARN! And, I’m not too embarrassed to admit my mistakes ;).
You can buy for 300 bucks or so, and I'm betting there is a cheap china source, for a little rv washing machine type gadgut. I'm thinking of getting 1 gallon bags for my personal use, 5 is a little big, but I do like a big work bag.

After pressing leave it out to dry. Keep chopping it up and letting it dry until like sand, and dry. If you shut it up early, it will stink. Wet organic stuff...yup. if let go it will mold, then pitch it. If just smelly, spread it out and keep chopping. As it dries it will get sand like. It should de stink. If not, pitch or whatever.

Bubba

img_20210122_152735456-jpg.268276

I finally did a search and found a pic of the last batch I made. 3 pulls, 3 bags. If I remember right that is 26 grams. Just under an oz.

You can buy for 300 bucks or so, and I'm betting there is a cheap china source, for a little rv washing machine type gadgut. I'm thinking of getting 1 gallon bags for my personal use, 5 is a little big, but I do like a big work bag.

After pressing leave it out to dry. Keep chopping it up and letting it dry until like sand, and dry. If you shut it up early, it will stink. Wet organic stuff...yup. if let go it will mold, then pitch it. If just smelly, spread it out and keep chopping. As it dries it will get sand like. It should de stink. If not, pitch or whatever.

Bubba
[QUOTE="Bubba,

Yeah, I’ve looked at those washing machines in the videos. It would make it easier, and after this, I’m considering it. The mixing isn’t the hardest part…it’s the draining of the 25 micron bag. LOL! Both of us shaking it is a funny picture. We’re just about to do the 3rd and last run.
Looking at the yield, I would have expected more from 8 oz, but I’ll know more when I weight it after it’s dry. Last time I got 10:1 ratio, same as the ISO hash I’ve been making …but, I had to make it every four days because I use .3gms every night to sleep, and it makes a gm each time. I can double everything except the coffee filter….maybe go to a restaurant supply house. Get paper and permanent filters there. ..but, bubble hash is so much easier to work with…not so sticky!

I finally did a search and found a pic of the last batch I made. 3 pulls, 3 bags. If I remember right that is 26 grams. Just under an oz.

Looks great! How large were the 3 bags? Curious….comparing to what I’m getting here today. We’re not quite through…one more run.

I’m curious how much weed you used ( I thought you meant 3 bags of weed ;) ).

And, just for added ….yes, I’m being a pain in the a$$, , but we just finished, and I’ve been pressing my hash with the screen folded over & a rag , pushing down; coffee filters wrapped over tp …both over & over, and none of it is anywhere near dry enough to chop. It sticks to the razor blade. When I put it in the freezer/refrigerator last time it was.

Any suggestions?

Chop it anyways. Just rake it off the blade with a thumb nail. Spread it out, let it set for awhile, and chop it again. Repeat as necessary.

For half of that $300, you can buy a cheap Chinese cement mixer. Does a lot better job and quicker to boot.

I always put the drying screen on a stack of paper towels/folded towel for a bit until it's time to put it on a tray and start chopping.

3 bags of pot....holly s. Hope the bags weren't to big....you plugged all the holes....... make sure you rinse out the bags and un plug the holes.

That is alright you are still gonna get a harvest. Listen to Hippie. Next batch will be better.

Chop it anyways. Just rake it off the blade with a thumb nail. Spread it out, let it set for awhile, and chop it again. Repeat as necessary.

For half of that $300, you can buy a cheap Chinese cement mixer. Does a lot better job and quicker to boot.

I always put the drying screen on a stack of paper towels/folded towel for a bit until it's time to put it on a tray and start chopping.

I had already finished by the time I got this….I was so tired, I just put it in the freezer. My husband googled ‘how to dry hash’, and almost everything he found said put it in the freezer. Since it was still so wet & I was ‘turning in’ for the evening (as in stopping working), I did. So, I’ll either chop it today, or scrape it on a fine shredder like they mentioned….I’m not sure.

At the same time, my garden is starting to mature & I took down a large part of a small plant this morning. they’re small due to the early flowering. Many didn’t grow past 3 ft, and just have the buds growing up the stems….strange. they aren’t nice, tight buds like normal. I’ve at least got some plants that will be all right from the first planting, and 10 more plants I planted in May that will be due in November, I’m guessing. Never planted that late before, but was told many of these would just die…they didn’t :)…but, didn’t grow right, either…

Back to work…that’s all I do lately. I’m also a housewife..as in laundry, vacuuming, changing sheets, etc, etc, etc, etc…..whew…and, I’m getting too old for it! I’m just an old (and chronicallly ill) hippie that wants to sit back and enjoy nature.. It’s too hot here to go outside after 10am anyway, so nature will be here after harvest…LOL. Maybe I will be, too.

Here we are two weeks later. Bubble hash was chopped up; some was grated *looked nice, like grains of sand*, but didn’t finish all of it, as I had put it all together and some was Just left chopped up. (Last time I smoked it all separate & even the 160 rolled out just fine and smoked just as well as the rest…so, I saw no harm in putting it together.)

Since I was harvesting. And harvesting. And so on and on and on…., I tried to roll it out and my strength gave way, so after getting enough rolled out to smoke, I let the rest wait until I got my husband to do it. He did a much better job than I (stronger!).

This time, it smelled great all the way & when I smoked it, all was good…..the first night..then, it started smelling bad, and now, now that it’s been rolled out for a week, it smells awful again when I smoke it.

SO, did I make a mistake when I put it in the freezer after rolling it out? I folded it loosely in wax paper & put it in the freezer & each day, it’s smelled worse. Is that not how I should have stored it?…..I get my ‘education’ from posts and videos, and that’s not always good. I’ve been too busy to just google it, which I should do now (I’m taking the day off from going to the garden to get more…I’ve been harvesting for a couple of weeks now, and yesterday, what was left on the plants I’ve been cutting only had cloudy trichomes, so, I’ll go again tomorrow. Need some rest! My arms, hands, fingers, …you name it..HURT! (I have fibromyalgia, and this is way over the limit of my normal capabilities!, but gotta get it done. I’ll rest when it’s over for a few months before I have to plant again 🤪.)

thanks for reading all this, and if anyone can help, I’d sure accept it. I’ve now got a couple of months of bubble hash that will taste bad (and, as my husband says- he has to put his head under the covers when I smoke it, it’s so bad!)…

Check out the tread "Making Bubble Hash" (my way).

Sticky in the Coffee Table
Thanks, I will. I actually have time today. Took the day off from harvesting as I only got 2 hours sleep after waking up in BIG pain & stiffness from clipping for so long. The trichomes were only cloudy on the plants I’ve been working on when I was out there yesterday, so I get a break when I desperately need it 😁 .

thanks, looking forward to it.

I just break mine into small clumps to avoid mold. That is to pretty to smoke.

That’s what I’ll do next time. I pressed it, like I mentioned, and it tasted great at first. I put it in the freezer after pressed, and now it’s tasting awful

Now that it’s been in the freezer, can it be taken out & at least not get worse?….. I don’t know. It’s a LOT of hash!

Latest posts

Back