nods for mothers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

adam420

When cutting a clone off a plant if you cut it 2 or 3 nods up from the main stem will new branches grow in at thos nods? I just started growing again, last time when I cut clones I would cut the clone at the main stem not a couple nods up. Before I never had any new branches grow ever when i cut clones. I was watching this video and it says 2-3 nods up so why I I'm asking and hoping it yes. thanks.

adam420 said:
When cutting a clone off a plant if you cut it 2 or 3 nods up from the main stem will new branches grow in at thos nods? I just started growing again, last time when I cut clones I would cut the clone at the main stem not a couple nods up. Before I never had any new branches grow ever when i cut clones. I was watching this video and it says 2-3 nods up so why I I'm asking and hoping it yes. thanks.
Whats up adam420. Yes you will get new growth after taking your clones. The new growth will come right from under the spot you took the clones from.

I don't understand that, "The new growth will come right from under the spot you took the clones from" does that mean the the nods under where I cut? Casue last time when I was growing I never had new growth and I took like 30 clones but I alway cut my clones at the main stem.

does that mean the the nods under where I cut?
..the next lowest 'node', yes.
I never had new growth and I took like 30 clones but I alway cut my clones at the main stem.
..I'm guessing your clones all came from very close to the meristem, and all from secondary growth.
You do need to have a node wherre 'new growth' can emerge, in order to have new growth.

hey hick long time,. cool, that's what I thought after seeing this video and now that I understand what nods are.

Latest posts

Back