noisy fans !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would work to but i'm pretty sure he already has some armaflex.

fellowsped said:
Why don't you line that box you made with some of that armaflex seems to me like that combined with suspending it with rubber mounts in the box would greatly quiet any noise other than the wooshing air sound. I think that's what i'm going to try when i get things going again as my fans drive me nuts at night when i'm trying to sleep.
armaflex is **, it's only a piece of insulation and its price is crazy, i think no grower should get such stuff better get some noise insulation material like industrial rockwool

Nice work Mikey!:aok:

Like the others said I think that if you lined the box with either eggcrate foam or even rockwool or fiberglass insulation you'll deaden things even more... If there were someway to use rubber 'washers' or float the fan within the box so the fan isn't structurally 'coupled' to the wood it might drop the fan noise down very low. Putting rubber feet on the fan or hanging it from rubber straps will prevent vibrations from transferring to your mount or joists too...:) Insulated duct is the way to go to reduce the w-h-o-o-o-s-h sound...

zem said:
armaflex is **, it's only a piece of insulation and its price is crazy, i think no grower should get such stuff better get some noise insulation material like industrial rockwool
Wow zem yer lucky that mindzeye has taken a leave of absense round here or you'd be getting an earful! :laugh:

Peace!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
Wow zem yer lucky that mindzeye has taken a leave of absense round here or you'd be getting an earful! :laugh:

Peace!:cool:
lol ya lucky me :D i just thought it's a crazy price for such a thing it is only insulation, when i see such things on market i think to myself who would buy such a thing? lol i believe it's for the normal consumer who doesnt know how things work so he buys it to get things done, but growers should usually know better IMO, you will have to learn a thing or 2 about sound insulation eventually, you will need to insulate the room if you had oscilating fans dehumidifier airpump etc... now i don't think anyone would buy armaflex enough to cover a wall lol that would be 1000's$ i bet you can make something as good as armaflex or better with something like industrial cotton the one they use in mattresses or industrial rockwool wrapped with duct tape or a sheet of sticky book protection film, for my music rooms i use RW with gypsum boards and plaster i make layers of this with air seperation, thats how studios and theatres are done and it's the professional way

i've seen bungee cords work well for suspending a fan.. if ya got em laying around...

Rubber ring hangers.

Mindz is growing along. Ebb is looking great

Studio Foam

I can't hear anything except dog barks but I know that proper lubrication for the moving parts and suspending fans with bungee cords from above or putting them on styrofoam or even towels will help shut them up.

sweet all! ill leave my diy post in a few months when im done the room. great info once again.

Latest posts

Back