Non-flowering auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I have two autos that are about 9 weeks old. One started flowering about week 4 but the other one has never flowered.
I had them on 24/0 for the first three weeks then I switched to 20/4 for the rest of the grow.
It seems to be vegging nicely, and it has a handful of single female pistils scattered around its branches, but it never took off flowering.
Being an autoflower seed, does it have a limited lifespan?
Can I leave it vegging for 3+ months and then try flipping the lights to 12/12 and see if it flowers, or is there a chance that it will be genetically defective and hermie or just die of old age before it can go through the flowering period?

It is probably not an auto flowering plant. It could be anything, there is no way to know without setting it to 12/12

Yes, I’d switch it over to 12/12 if it’s big enough...switching should not bother the one already flowering...it’ll keep on flowering...

Thanks, all.
So, even if they're acting like photos, don't they still have the auto genes that give them a limited life span?
I read that you couldn't use autos as mother plants or take clones because of their genetic clock.
If I wait until I harvest its companions, it will have been growing for about 14 weeks, so can it live another 9+ weeks to complete a flowering?
I don't want to reduce the light on the flowering ones just to accommodate this one.

Your assuming that it is indeed an auto but it’s not acting like one...I doubt the one that is flowering will mind the shorter day...

Latest posts

Back