NOOB question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENTEAMGROW

Reaction score
Hey, I just planted my clones and I dont have my hydro pump hooked up and I have to hand water my babies. How much do I water each plant?

THanks

You shouldnt have a watering schedule you should just water them when they need water. Stick your finger about 1-2 inchs in dirt and if it is dry then water..

Cool, Ill do that, I did hear that is best to water 1-2 hours after the light has been on.

Are the clones in rockwool or hydroton? If they are in a subsrate that doesn't hold a lot of water you can water pretty often (one of the main points to hydro).

Biffdoggie's right.
If your in hydroton, lava rock of the like, you shoud water for 15 minutes every 4--6 hours for ebb n flo.
Timers are cheep ($5.00), water pumps are under $10.00.

The plants are in a soil-like mixture called coco, planted into pots.

I just saw your journal, you can water pretty often with the coco but you should feel it out for a bit and find the happy medium.

GREENTEAMGROW said:
Hey, I just planted my clones and I dont have my hydro pump hooked up and I have to hand water my babies. How much do I water each plant?

THanks

I did the same as you when i started out handwatering hydro i watered about 4X a day with just a household jug full each time.

Your clones wont need a full jug but still water around 3-4X a day

Latest posts

Back