noob questions sorry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcshoeco1041

smoking good
Reaction score
few questions guys:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
1.how early can i detect male / female plant ?
2. how long do you have to veg to get good yield.( small space,dont want em too big.)

i have Grandaddy Purple and is prodomantly indica i believe, so it will be short and bushy. what i want

You have to find your own times, Not all strains stretch the same with the first initial flip over.
I can usually tell pre flowers between 4-6 weeks veg.
Some a little longer than others though. There are some really nice picture guides if your not really sure what to look for when you sex.

with a small space, I encourage LST / FIM / TOPPING. You will learn how to train your plants to get to fit any space and still have a nice yield on the end.

Good luck with your space and grow!

1. There is no real answer for this question...I hve had plants show sex in as little as 4 weeks or so and other times it has taken 6+ weeks. I hve also had plants that just didnt seem to want to show so I had to flip them to get them to show. There are other methods other then flipping the whole plant like taking a clone and flipping that, or darkening out a branch for 12 hours a day via cardboard tube or what not until that branch shows. As you get the hang of knowing what to look for you can usually tell earlier and earlier.

2. In general the longer the veg and the better the training the better the yield...if you hve a small space and want good yields training your plants becomes very important. Lst, topping, fimming, pinching are all training methods.

Jmo

Asking is learning, congrats on taking the initiative to learn, never think a question is stupid!! Both answers above are spot on, not much to add there!

:ciao:

Yeah Roddy is right...don't ever be sorry for asking a question. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

i feel like they are noob questions i just want a decent turnout ;p

Every chance you get, check out the stickies in these forums, read grow journals and yeah, ask questions...that and hands on experience will go a long ways and how I've got to where I am!! :ciao:

All of us were noobs at one point. :) Some folks seem to forget that they too were once noobs asking and learning. I think all of us here remember where we came from and are more than happy to help the next noob move up and improve. Even the veterans get head-scratching moments sometimes and have to have fresh insight :)

I remember asking hundreds of questions, Just to ask hundreds more lol.
I felt like I was bugging everyone, until I realized ya can't bug someone when it comes to their passion lol.

Latest posts

Back