NorCalHal's OG Kush grow..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey norcalhal that Mazar from DP looks awesome! I just finished curing some Skunk 1 from DP and it was great. I looked up Mazar in Ed Rosenthals book "The big book of buds" volume 2 and now im thinking of growing it. Keep up the good work man.:bong:

nch good lookin! thanks for the pics...now i have to wipe the drool from my keyboard

I am starting to run water in one of the trays today. It is the tray with the smallest res. I think I ran the juice a little too hot and it is finishing faster for some reason. I am going to run plain water for 2 weeks to 20 days. Getting closer...

I will take some pics today.

I really like your rockwool medium idea, seems very easy to maintain and easy to adjust as the plants grow. i might chuck my soil, hydroton, etc etc and try your method next grow. you got a top-notch garden there my friend.:D

btw how much cfm do your fans have to cool 4 1000W lamps, or do you use A/C as well?

i just put some mazar seeds into soak.hope they do as well as yours.thanks hal

Thanks for the kind words!
Of all the different methods I have done, I like this one the best. The feed system is easy and cheap.

I use a CanFan 6" HO (rated 440cfm) to cool the lights. It works well. I woyuld rather use 8" Hoods and an 8" fan, but I have what I have. I pull air thru the lights from the room.

I have an 8" CanFan HO on a Can100 filter for room exhaust. I move alot of air.

I actually rarly use AC, tho I do have one. Right now, this time of year, I won't have to use it for the next 6 months.

I think you will like it Andy. It is flowering BIG. It's also a very fast cloner if you keep a mom and take cuts.

Keep me posted on how they do!

Allrighty then. Some of the Pheno's of this Mazar are finishing faster then the rest. I am going to start chopping a few that look done to me. The rest will rock on a few more days to a week. I have been flushing str8 water for the last 10 days, and they are swelling up. It looks VERY weighty.
On to the pics!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Thanks Bomb! I can't wait to cure it up! If it tastes like it smells, I am in there!

I hate trimming.

Thats alot of great looking buds! Great job!

NorCalHal said:
Thanks Bomb! I can't wait to cure it up! If it tastes like it smells, I am in there!

I hate trimming.

nice NCH. looks weighty from here too. i wanna be 'in there':D ...bb...

thank you for your post, you're babys look good. I have og kush too.

banjobuzz said:
great grow NCH. got my seat. have never subscribed to a thread, and now i gotta go try it on this one. hope you don't mind if i take the liberty here to answer papa's question on the insulation.
there are chemicals that will kill your plants in all types of insulation. some of these being Boron, Boron 10, and Borax. Boron is an essential plant nutrient, although, in high concentrations, it is toxic to plants. now Borax is some deadly stuff. this stuff can do some very bad stuff to the human body, including death. i would do some intense research before using this stuff as a medium. i know these things, because i once upon a time worked for an insulation company. i worked in quality control. i did fire proof testing. i mixed, and added these chemicals' to different insulations, so it met a certain industry standard, as to become basically fireproof...
in the late 70s, early 80s, there was much the public did'nt know about the health hazards' of these compounds'. sooo, i'd go with the rockwool.
sorry so long NCH. but had to state the facts as i know 'em...
subscribing to your great grow. keep those pics' coming. we love 'em...

Just curious banjobuzz whether the same chemicals are added to Rockwool brand insulation?

Well, all done. Trimmed and cured. SUPER. I will take some pics of the finished. 89 oz total.

My next run will be a little mix. I am going to do 3 trays of mazar and a mix tray.

On the mix tray I have a few Sour Diesel that I picked up in Truckee along with some crazy Purp I am calling "22". There is also some bean starts I ahave to sex and flower. They are ChemHazeDiesel from Rezdawg.

Pics soon to come....

NorCalHal said:
No final pics yet, but today is the day. It is coming down. It finished in 7 weeks. I will be busy all day. I hate trimming.

hahaha i only trim two plants and it takes 3 hours,plenty of blisters lol ,plants look brilliant .....welldone :)

Love your setup! I have been having problems with builup in my flood system, so if you dont mind I am going to try and use your setup. Are you vegging the entire time in the blocks, then putting in the pots at the start of flower? Once in the blocks are you running drip to them, flooding, or? I think I was over watering during veg, maybee you have a baseline watering schedule that could get me in the ballpark? Thank you for the great post and any advice you have for me

Latest posts

Back