NorCals Sour Diesel (aka ECSD) grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HydroManiac said:
I hope yours taste better then the crappy sour D there pushing out here :rolleyes:

I hear ya Hydro.

I have been to numerous clubs,met friends of friends, all in vain while I looked for what I remember and have smoked before as SourD.
IMHO, true SourD has that "poopy blah sour" taste, kinda hard to explain.
The aftertaste is what really stands out in real SourD.
And the high is exceptional, true dank. One of the few strains I have come across that really sits me down.

But anyway, I too have seen alot of SourD that either wasn't real, or real poor cut with a slight taste of sour.
Until I went to Tahoe and met another "friend of a friend" that had the REAL. Has the herb to prove it. I actually just went up to Tahoe yesterday and got the rest of his SourD, as I have 7 more weeks to go for mine.
Real cool cat, dreads to his ***. It's such a hippie reggae scene up there, it's great.
He was gracious enough to give me 4 cuts a while back, which in turn I turned to mothers, which I then took all the cuttings you currently see growing in my room.

It's been a long process, to say the least.

But ya Hydro, I am happy, I have a GREAT cut of the real SourD. I was patient and didn't pick the first cut I seen that someone called "SourD". I waited until I found the one. Took me over a year of straight hunting.

And thanks all for the props! I'm humbled.

Sorry Puff, I just saw your post.

I use all 1000w lights. Switchable ballasts. So I run Metal Halide during veg, then switch to HPS during flower. Hortilux brand bulb for the HPS, GE for the MH.

I do use T5's for vegging in 4" cubes until roots are shown thru the 4", then they get transplanted into pots and continue vegging under the MH until I feel they are ready to flip.

I think I love You!Are you married? looking to be? LOL

just kidding! maybe!:eek:

after 25 year I guess I'll keep my guy, but I dream of a man who can grow like this!:holysheep:

A joking aside! You are wonderful! thank you for sharing with us.:D

Thanks Ilikebigbuds! Not Married yet, she is still in traing! Or I am still in training, depends on who you ask. lol.

Doc and Enhancement, yes, I did build it for support, not true SCROG.

I'll tell ya in a bit Hydro, I am going to go burn one!

Hey there Miss MOM, your a married gal your self! I know cuz I saw the pictures!:holysheep:

and I should tell Hal I'm sorry for being so forward, I was really high last night and I just get all weak in the knees when I see garden art like yours.

Sigh,.... such a hunky man you are!;) ;) :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Thank you ladies, there is plenty of Hals big buds to go around:D

These plants are going crazy. To the friggin' ceiling. I think they have stopped stretching, they are really starting to throw on some bud now.

I have bent each plant multiple times. If not a complete bend, at least a little stem squeeze to slow it down a bit. Everywhere I have bent or "supercropped" the knuckle is just crazy.

Nuits...man they are sucking it up. I would have to say in the last 5 days they have drank upwards of 100 gallons. No joke.

The smell. I have grown alot of different dank, but this one stinks bad. I love it. I'm glad my carbon filter only has one click on it, this will be the second. When I make the bends, the smell is just incredible.

Been lucky too with the temps. Been running 75 with lights on and about 68 with lights off. The plants are showing me the love right back!

I'll take some pics soon and post em up.

My Purple Power are stretching like crazy too. What is the best method you have found to keep them from going crazy?

BuddyLuv said:
My Purple Power are stretching like crazy too. What is the best method you have found to keep them from going crazy?

I basically just pinch and bend the branches that are getting out of control. Helps a bit in keeping uniformity.

By the way Buddy, I am digging your cross. I just got some Top44 Beans myself. I am curious if it really is 6-7 weeks flower,but thats down the road.

Yeah I have just been tying them down, bending branches till they kind of break but not really. The Top44 pheno I kept was 50/50 @ 7 weeks of flower. The smoke wasn't the dankest ever but still dank. Like I have said before sometimes I like to sit and smoke a whole joint with my father-in-law. You can't do that with WW, Blueberry, or Bubblegum I grew. I have younglings and can't be too retarded when they are around. I wish I could get my hands on good clone here but you can not trust anybody's word where I live, everyone has the same-different weed if you get my drift.

AHHHH.

These girls are huge. They have got crazy tall. I wish I would have flowered them @ 8-12".

With all the bending I have done, it has BARLEY kept them from hitting the ceiling. I have about 10-12" from the light to the canopy, and the lights are pegged to the ceiling. There are a few of the girls that I need to relly go in and just trim up the tops alittle, as some of them have formed that wierd shoot of growth you sometimes see when the light is a little close.

Other then that, they are doing great. Very healthy and putting on bud big time. I can tell this is going to be a big one for sure.
I cannot describe the smell. Super stinky, I am so happy I just replaced that filter.

I went back in and trimmed up pretty much everything that was under the trellis netting. That gives me about 4' from the bulb to the top of the trellis, so everything that needs the light is getting it. And the plants are showing the love.

One thing I have noticed id that they demand a hotter juice. I run pretty much the same mix for multiple strains, but this one wants more brown(GH 3 part), something with the trace nuitriunts I suspect.

These pics are 5 weeks of 12/12. 5 more to go. The last pic is a closeup of a ChemHazeDiesel plant from Rez's gear. Crazy sticky, and it has about 3 weeks left on her.

ooops..heres the pics

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I can tell by looking how much you love the girls and they sure love you back! Delicious NCH. :)

wow that ChemHazeDiesel looks mighty nice

Latest posts

Back