Normal bud develpment ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. these 2 plants are in the 18th day of 12/12 The buds are really small.. Is this normal for 18 days? Many of the floweing pics I see around here the bud sites look a whole lot larger.. Thanks everyone. Hero

Memorial day 016.jpg

Memorial day 001.jpg

Memorial day 003.jpg

Memorial day 005.jpg

Memorial day 009.jpg

They don't look bad at all hero....you gotta remember different strains can mature at different rates so don't be quick to judge your plants against someone else's... 18 days in is not a lot of time unless you are growing a very early finishing indica...jmo

Thanks hammy and hope your enjoying Jamacia.. There are small small buds. lots of them thou and I am worring about light if I have enough.. or when plants first start to flower.. this is common.. Thanks Hero

hero4u2b said:
Thanks hammy and hope your enjoying Jamacia.. There are small small buds. lots of them thou and I am worring about light if I have enough.. or when plants first start to flower.. this is common.. Thanks Hero

Yes, I do believe that your lights will affect your buds. How many lumens are you running now and what is the spectrum of your bulbs (scanned back over some of your threads but couldn't find that info)? How big is your space there--can you make it smaller with some kind of temporary "walls" that are reflective? Are you giving your girls enough fresh air?

yeah hero Im with the group here...They look good ...I too would like to know if ya have enough light..Ill wait for the aswers THG asked

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

MM I have 4- 42 watt CFLs 2700k under a reflector.. over each plant.. Then I have 4 other 42 watt 2700k CFLS on those clamps on lights on the sides and I rotate the plants but I have heard ppl here say they flower with CFLS.. I am looking at these plants and they are BIG 4 almost 5 foot tall the buds are small and I was wondering is tht how they all start out? or do I in fact need more light...oo Each bulb is 2800 lumans on the boxes.. and they are a true 42 watt not equevilents.. Thanks Hero PS I have a 270 cfm fan inline duct that pulls air out of the closet thru the wall.. This set up I know is not ideal.. I know I should have at least 600 watts and walls and a filter ect ect.. They just kind of got big. lol and now I am trying to do the best for them and was wondering if my plants looked like normal. 18 day into budding or the buds looked rather small.. Thanks everyone. Hero

I don't grow with cfl's but if I did I wld probably try and get over 5000 lumens a sqr foot just because the light has less throw/penetration then HPS. I didn't do the math so I don't know where you are at lumen/sqr foot wise.

And please don't take any offense to my post CFL growers....I am not hating. I hve seen plenty of good buds grown under cfl's by peeps that know what they are doing. I wld think that as long as you can adequately cool your grow space a bump in lumens a sqr foot wld always be a beneficial thing with grow lights that don't penetrate well. Jmo

Yup I am seriously thinking about it.. One guy told me he does 6 65 watters than have 4800 lumans each and grows great bud.. Well when the stores open I guess I am off for more light.. lol Ps heres my lil thru the wall exhuast fan.. Hero

newerer 001.jpg

newerer 003.jpg

If I take this right, you are running 12 42W lights? You might want to consider saving for a HPS instead of getting more CFLs. Your 12 42 watters are using 504 watts and putting out about 31,200 lumens. A 400w HPS will put out about 50,000-55,000 lumens with a 20% less power demand. My buddy recently got a 400W with a digi ballast in a cooltube for $145 on Amazon with free shipping included.

Yes that is exactly what I have, although each plant does have 4 under a reflector directly overhead and the others are around the sides. What I was really asking everyone was do early bud stages look as mine do or are the bud sizes on the small side? and if so.. I would think it is from under lighting.. I do plan on renovating that whole walk in closet and make it a flower room.. equipped with a 600 watt.. 470 cfm with a carbon filter.. But for now I am kind of stuck with what I have.. But Thanks for all the input everyone.. Hero

Hero just because you don't grow the biggest buds possible each and every grow doesn't make it not a successful grow. The amount of lumens and the type of light will certainly account some for bud size as will other key things like feeding correctly, exchanging the air enough etc. But at the end of the day it all comes down to providing your own meds and being self sufficient. So if you get good smoke from this grow all is a success. Sure everyone wld love to be in the gram a watt club but that isnt the only thing that defines success in my book. I like to look at every grow as a learning experience.

Jmo

hero4u2b said:
Yes that is exactly what I have, although each plant does have 4 under a reflector directly overhead and the others are around the sides. What I was really asking everyone was do early bud stages look as mine do or are the bud sizes on the small side? and if so.. I would think it is from under lighting.. I do plan on renovating that whole walk in closet and make it a flower room.. equipped with a 600 watt.. 470 cfm with a carbon filter.. But for now I am kind of stuck with what I have.. But Thanks for all the input everyone.. Hero

Hero ... I think that the difference between CFL and HPS is in the hardness of the buds. And the weight that you can get. But yours look very fine.

P.S.: Have seen in some other post ( Samantha thread ) some writing that was not english ... "aww que triste". You know that language ?

Si por supesto. es espanol jaja soy americano pero a veces a mi me gusta hablar en el espanol. Anyways Thanks you guys I just dont want to be having failed in my venture, so to speak.. and I was getting a lil paraniod as far as all these lil buds and no real colas but I am still real early.. and definativamente voy a tener mas luz la proxima vez. Again Thanks everyone.. Hero

Latest posts

Back