Normal that first true leaves have a lot of yellow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am germinating a Zkittles as well. Although I have a 2x2 tent so can’t likely finish both of them. But it might be good to compare how they do.

I remember using those for germinating, along with small rockwool cubes. I would soak them in phed r/o water and let them ride. Once they sprouted I placed them in solo cups and buried them almost to the first set up leaves and put them under low light with a fan gently moving them to strengthen the stem. After 12 days there should be more sets of leaf pushing out, it's almost like that yellow set is blocking anything from coming out. Remember not all seedlings make it in this world. Some just do not make it. Your soil looks super damp so i would let it dry out a bit and just see what happens. I am "rooting" for her.

My second Runtz Muffin seed germinated much faster. I put it on the paper towel on Friday afternoon and Sunday morning I have a tail already. The first seed took about 5 days under the same conditions. This is my first grow so I don’t know exactly what to expect. Perhaps bad seed played a role?

Runtz #2 looking much better. After germination I put it directly in the nursery bag with Happy Frog/perlite and am not using a humidity dome.

I pulled the plug on the first one. The cotyledons started to die and it was downhill from there.

D12F0995-9CC7-40A7-8698-B2F8C7B243C0.jpeg

see if you can find something better then the fox farms happy frog, that is what i can get as well but i feed them all the way to finish. when i start to get yellow spots i up pot. i run 2 gallon buckets but if you don't have bigger buckets yet, get the grow bags or air buckets. they are self pruning and let air to the roots. with the fox farms happy frog i start loosing my shade leaves half way through flower, i use general hydroponics trio flora set. as i go into flower i back off the n but i never stop and still lose the shades, as they finish i lose most of my sugar leaves as well. one thing it does make trimming easy but it ain't right. @gmo a member here uses happy frog, you might look him up and see what he does as the stuff of his, i have seen is fire.

The Happy Frog is just for the seedling stage. My understanding is that it’s not too hot for seedlings. Next stop for this 1/4 gallon nursery bag is a 5 gallon fabric pot with Ocean Forest/Perlite. I don’t plan on doing nutes or a lot of trimming with this grow, just want to let her do her thing and see what happens. It’s my first grow, just looking to learn and get some experience.

see if you can find something better then the fox farms happy frog, that is what i can get as well but i feed them all the way to finish. when i start to get yellow spots i up pot. i run 2 gallon buckets but if you don't have bigger buckets yet, get the grow bags or air buckets. they are self pruning and let air to the roots. with the fox farms happy frog i start loosing my shade leaves half way through flower, i use general hydroponics trio flora set. as i go into flower i back off the n but i never stop and still lose the shades, as they finish i lose most of my sugar leaves as well. one thing it does make trimming easy but it ain't right. @gmo a member here uses happy frog, you might look him up and see what he does as the stuff of his, i have seen is fire.
Giggy, you're correct. I keep my mom plants in happy frog. I tend to like it because it's a little more predictable and less hot then some of the other stuff. I keep 28 moms in 1 gallon grow bags of happy frog, rotating cuts every 5-7 months. I start feeding general hydroponics Flora at week 2-3 every watering, spare a random water only if I'm seeing any salt buildup.

Second set of true leaves are just starting to develop on Runtz 2. I’m on 18/6 light schedule. Just bumped the light intensity up to 50%:
CDF38C65-DD12-43F1-98A8-4E10EFFA1CC8.jpeg

Giggy, you're correct. I keep my mom plants in happy frog. I tend to like it because it's a little more predictable and less hot then some of the other stuff. I keep 28 moms in 1 gallon grow bags of happy frog, rotating cuts every 5-7 months. I start feeding general hydroponics Flora at week 2-3 every watering, spare a random water only if I'm seeing any salt buildup.
I use ProMix. Nothing in it. I always thought Happy Frog was a bit to hot for starts. IMO that is what is causing the yellow leaves.

I use ProMix. Nothing in it. I always thought Happy Frog was a bit to hot for starts. IMO that is what is causing the yellow leaves.
Happy Frog also has a lot of water retention which affects the pH(drives it low when it dries too slowly due to anaerobic bacteria activity).

Latest posts

Back