Normal that first true leaves have a lot of yellow?

joeb631a

Reaction score
Plants need fresh air but how much I am not certain of. I grow in my basement too so, yes, it is colder than I would like it. Is the time it is colder than 60 during lights off? My tent will get down to about 55 with lights off in the winter. I have had better color(purples mainly) in the winter though. Cooler ‘nights’ are supposed to bring the colors out. So there is that.
I know the cold brings the colors
but me personally ,I dont smoke colors Im more into the way it feels... :rolleyes:
Bag appeal is one thing if you are in the business of selling.
If it's just for your own consumption bag appeal is a debatable subject. IMHO

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
but me personally ,I dont smoke colors Im more into the way it feels... :rolleyes:
I don’t smoke colors either. I do enjoy an attractive bud though. That being said, I would prefer a good buzz from an ugly bud over a lousy buzz from a perfect 10 bud.

CrashMagnet

Reaction score
I give away all the pretty bud I harvest. I only smoke the stuff no one wants. The buzz is the same as far as I can tell.

oldfogey8

Reaction score
had to read that twice ..!
1674606980687.gif

oldfogey8

Reaction score
I usually veg for about 2 months and don’t flip to 12/12 lighting until the plants have alternating nodes which indicate the plants are ‘sexually mature’. Your plant looks smaller than when I would start flowering.

TheDevilYouLove

Reaction score
I usually veg for about 2 months and don’t flip to 12/12 lighting until the plants have alternating nodes which indicate the plants are ‘sexually mature’. Your plant looks smaller than when I would start flowering.
Ok, allowing for 2 weeks of “seedling phase”, I’ve only been vegging for about 3 weeks so far, so I guess I have another month of veg left.

By alternating nodes, is this what you mean?

Attachments

• A6C51585-3D8B-4D62-A6AC-85C25BACAF07.jpeg
    A6C51585-3D8B-4D62-A6AC-85C25BACAF07.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0

SubmarineGirl

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I would let her spread out a bit under a trellis net for a bit longer prior to turning on 12/12 unless you are in a hurry. I usually let my net fill up with bud sites before introducing 12/12. I know others don’t but that’s what I do…

TheDevilYouLove

Reaction score
I have 5 nodes with number 6 developing at the very top. Would be a good idea to top the plant now (cut node 6 off) so the plant becomes more bushy? Or don’t worry about that if using a trellis net?

Latest posts