Not 2 Happy Looking :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justafarmer

Reaction score
Hello MP :)

Hoping someone can assist me in finding out the cause of these not so happy looking leaves....

Growing in pure un-ammended FFHF soil, and fed one time with 0-0-1 Neptunes Harvest - Seaweed Plant Food @ 5ml per gallon h2o.......they looked mad the following morning.

They are 7 days old.

While I do know that feeding a plant so young is not recommended, I did so with this organic food thinking it would be NOT HOT and was just following the recomendations provided by neptunes harvest.

Can Seaweed cause leaf burn/nute burn?

That's my best guess as to why these leaves look this way.

Thanks for any assistance!

View attachment DSCN6429.jpg

View attachment DSCN6431.jpg

View attachment DSCN6444.jpg

View attachment DSCN6444crop1.jpg

I think you fed them too early.
I don't use that soil but I think it is good to go for at least 4 weeks before you need to think about feeding. And certainly not at recommended dosage. I feed at half strength for the first 3 days. Then I go to full strength if they look healthy.

Thank you for the speedy reply Hamster Lewis!
I was thinking the same thing.

really apreciate it!

I am giving just spring water now ( 6.6 Ph, 205 ppm ) and will hope for recovery.

After todays straight watering, I think they looked better 4-5 hours later.

I will be sure to post back and show how they look in a week or so after just receiving water.

cheers ~

Had the same problem. Got my ph right and it went away.

Had the same problem. Got my ph right and it went away.

speaking of Ph, when I watered them yesterday, with 4-6 extra ounces of run-off, I tested that run-off and it was Ph 5.5 and 1550 ppm! That seems like some darn hot soil if you ask me.

I think I have also been overwatering, so I am watching that as well.

I have been growing for a few years and I am sad to say, that my best grow yet, was my very first grow, and that wasn't organic, but all since then have been.

Hoping they recover (2), they are nirvana bubblicious and I am hoping for a heavy Indica to ease some pain in my old beat down body :)

cheers all, and thanks again!

I always start plants in inert soil and allow them to grow in that until the round "seed leaves" aka cotyledons, begin to yellow, then I start ffeeding at 1/4-1/3 strength nutes. If you are wanting to go with organic soil, I would have started them in cups off Light Warrior soil then transplant them to the FFOF when the cotyledons get fully yellowed and are beginning to shrivel, or when the true leaves just begin to yellow juts a bit. This gives the plants time to build the root base and toughen them up a bit before they are exposed to harsher chemicals.

I start them off in vermiculite for the same reason. Good advice from hushpuppy.

I always start plants in inert soil and allow them to grow in that until the round "seed leaves" aka cotyledons, begin to yellow, then I start ffeeding at 1/4-1/3 strength nutes. If you are wanting to go with organic soil, I would have started them in cups off Light Warrior soil then transplant them to the FFOF when the cotyledons get fully yellowed and are beginning to shrivel, or when the true leaves just begin to yellow juts a bit. This gives the plants time to build the root base and toughen them up a bit before they are exposed to harsher chemicals.

Thank you for the great advice!

I am guilty of being overwhelmed through the years with all of the information that is 'out there'.

My first grow ever, I germinated directly in FFOF and never had an issue, so I thought this FFHF would be more mild if anything.

Slowly but surely I am learning, but I have lost a lot ( yield ) through the years while doing so.

Really appreciate you taking the time to give me your advice.

Cheers~

Fox farm happy frog is not as hot as ffof, however, it has nutes for at least three weeks. You fed too early. They will be ok if you don't over water, and don't feed for a month.

Fox farm happy frog is not as hot as ffof, however, it has nutes for at least three weeks. You fed too early. They will be ok if you don't over water, and don't feed for a month.

Thank you Rosebud!

:)

thanks Rosebud!

found out today were moving out of country in 2 weeks
had to toss these seedlings and will redo when able

adios :)

Latest posts

Back