Not getting good yields.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I am not getting good yields from my plants and I am wondering why. I am on my third grow and these are photoperiods. The buds aren't growing together to make one big cola. It took three to four weeks to do the manifold and only four of the stalks managed to thrive, but still no fat buds. This plant has a lot of frosty trichomes and they are nice and sticky. So, I have weed growing. Could it be bad genetics, the medium, or I need new nutrients? I have been using Foxfarm. Maybe it is time for a change. I ordered seeds from another seed bank too. Maybe next time, I am keeping the grow light going.

The reality is that you will never get the same size fat main cola if you start topping the plant to create more colas.
You will get a nice even canopy, but not of the same size colas as a main cola.

Are you getting more than 2 ozs per plant after dried?
If so for a beginner you are doing good , higher yields will come as you refine your growing methods
A chef breaks a lot of eggs before he cooks for the Queen.

Are you getting more than 2 ozs per plant after dried?
If so for a beginner you are doing good , higher yields will come as you refine your growing methods
A chef breaks a lot of eggs before he cooks for the Queen.
I am only getting close to an ounce so far from auto-flowers.

The reality is that you will never get the same size fat main cola if you start topping the plant to create more colas.
You will get a nice even canopy, but not of the same size colas as a main cola.

Good point.

I am only getting close to an ounce so far from auto-flowers.
  • Regular autoflowering plants are usually small and will yield somewhere from 10 to 50 grams per plant. But there are some exceptions that can yield up to 100 grams a plant but that goes into the SUPER autoflower territory. Basically, if a strain flowers really fast and stays short you can’t expect more than 20 or 30 grams from it.
Autos are hard to get high yields from, photos can give you lbs if that is what you want.
I vegged for 4 months and got my 1st lb plants only after the long veg. The plant was indoors and Big.

I believe some people do autos in hydro and get pretty good yields .
Autos are funny, you have to be careful not to stress them at all or yield suffers.
2 zips is good

Perhaps try an XXL strain such as Ultimate Auto from Dutch Passion. I have these seeds but I'm growing some freebies right now while I figure out how to not f up my plants. Another heavy bud producer is Big Yield Auto from Phoenix. I have these seeds as well. The breeders recommend a pot size of at least 5 gallons.

• Regular autoflowering plants are usually small and will yield somewhere from 10 to 50 grams per plant. But there are some exceptions that can yield up to 100 grams a plant but that goes into the SUPER autoflower territory. Basically, if a strain flowers really fast and stays short you can’t expect more than 20 or 30 grams from it.
Autos are hard to get high yields from, photos can give you lbs if that is what you want.
I vegged for 4 months and got my 1st lb plants only after the long veg. The plant was indoors and Big.

I believe some people do autos in hydro and get pretty good yields .
Autos are funny, you have to be careful not to stress them at all or yield suffers.
2 zips is good
Thanks, I am trying a photoperiod now.

Perhaps try an XXL strain such as Ultimate Auto from Dutch Passion. I have these seeds but I'm growing some freebies right now while I figure out how to not f up my plants. Another heavy bud producer is Big Yield Auto from Phoenix. I have these seeds as well. The breeders recommend a pot size of at least 5 gallons.
That might be the way to go. Those plants are impressive.

Thanks, I am trying a photoperiod now.
Good luck with the photo grow! I have some photo seeds to try at some point.

And I just watered my autos and for the first time forgot to PH. I keep getting in my own way...

Good luck with the photo grow! I have some photo seeds to try at some point.

And I just watered my autos and for the first time forgot to PH. I keep getting in my own way...
Once you get enough weed to smoke waiting for the photo period is pretty easy.

Latest posts

Back