not growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nozzleboy

Reaction score
Hi Im growing indoors in a closet with 6 cfls and one shop light. heres my problem 2 sprouted a couple days ago but they havent grown since. my guess is that there is no root growth. i dont know what to do was it my soil? its called jungle growth potting mix. i leave the lights on pretty much all day. give some advice

how often are you watering.
Also MJ has growth spurts.
it'll do nothing for a couple of days, then all of a sudden BAM new growth all over the place. Patience is very important in MJ.

i water regularly. ive never grown indoor so i guess maybe itll take longer than outdoor but the sprouts dont look like they have grown at all since they have sprouted. so is it not the growing mediums problem? If these dont work I have a couple more seeds but after that im SOL.

Overwatering is the #1 rookie mistake.
Should only be watering about 1-2X a week. MJ likes a little dry period helps get that root ball to expand looking for water. If it droops a little between waterings, just water and it will pop back up.
Overwatering is much harder to fix.

ok so maybe over watering might the problem but with all the lights on it and the fan the soil seems to get dry quickly so i get worried that they are drying out but ill try that and hopefully itll help

Good rule of thumb is to put your finger about 2" into the soil if its dry its time for water. A lot of times the very top of the soil will be dry, but the soil under neath is moist. After some time, you'll get a feel for the weight of the pot and tell if its time for water. ;)

Latest posts

Back