Not sure when to harvest/ having spider mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High how are you

Reaction score
Hello hope everyone is having a wonderful grow experience today !! I’m having an issue in one of my tents I have 5 plants in there and 2 of them in the back seem to have white crawling things with legs I believe they are spider mites not too sure as it’s my first grow but I do live in New England . I used a pest Annihilator, nuke em, and dry zymes. I only seen a couple of webs not heavy jus couple hair webs . And I used the pest annihilator 15 mL per gallon root drenched about 1200 mL worth. Idk what to do at this point . It’s not heavily infested but I’m anxious in the back of each IPM says I can use upto the day of harvest ! Also I switched lights on July 13 when should I check for harvest ? Almost all my strains say 8-9 weeks of flower should I do 8 weeks since I’m having these pest troubles ? Thank you guys

Attachments

• B83720DD-BA1F-484D-8D8A-DBEFCCD45BFD.jpeg
    B83720DD-BA1F-484D-8D8A-DBEFCCD45BFD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • EF4F6811-3E05-4DBB-9A06-CB9428348E3C.jpeg
    EF4F6811-3E05-4DBB-9A06-CB9428348E3C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • CFFBFF16-88F2-4AA2-909F-C577AAD5BEA6.jpeg
    CFFBFF16-88F2-4AA2-909F-C577AAD5BEA6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Seed companies say the plants finish faster than most actually finish. You will want to check the trichomes with an eye loupe or microscope. I harvest when the trichomes about 20-30% are amber. Pictures of your plants would help identify your pests. Spider mites are dark as adults(they are white I think when they are not mature).

That is the blue Dream the first one I seen I usually can only spot them on the top side of the pot I imagine they are on the leaves but I can’t seem to find them in there . Again , I seen a couple hair webs . I would like to ask please anyone could lead to when I should harvest I switched lights on July 13 most of these say 8-9 weeks of flower. With this issue of whatever pest I have when should I flower I can’t go additional time I’m assuming bc it’s only going to get worse . I Have done several treatments on them with the 3 IPM so I have been proactive I’m assuming it’s the only reason why it’s not too too bad yet . They are white

Attachments

• 272F5F40-775C-4C0E-B57C-B2815F0EEB88.jpeg
    272F5F40-775C-4C0E-B57C-B2815F0EEB88.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
This is my second plant that I seen had 1 on the top of the pot not on soil . She looked relatively healthier and is on the right of the sick plant . I have sticky traps in front of the affected pots

Attachments

• 1007A67F-461A-4F7C-AF89-5DB5AC4DBB0F.jpeg
    1007A67F-461A-4F7C-AF89-5DB5AC4DBB0F.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
I would harvest when the trichomes are 20-30% amber unless the bugs kill the plant. Anyone who has smoked outdoor bud has likely smoked some bugs along with what they bring to the party. I have never tried washing buds post-harvest but people do it with some success. If one plant has bugs in a tent, they usually all have it. The sickly looking plant probably has some nutrient lockout. Have you checked the pH of your runoff?

They are white looking with legs and I usually can only see them ontop of pot where the edge is . So I cleaned it with ipm and brushed underneath the crevice incase they were there. I didn’t foliar spray as it’s late flower I brushed most of under the leaves tho with IPM as I was having anxiety and fear if I didn’t it will get worse . I do intent on applying it 1-2 times more before harvest as it states I can use upto the day of harvest . Idk what else to do . Will someone please guide as to when is a good harvest date i know typically 70-30 amber trichomes is good time but idk if I have that luxury of time since these white looking things. I originally thought either September 14 or 21 would be good days to harvest . I’m a real rookie man I can’t help but feel ashamed I let these plants get sick so late or idk I could be tripping over nothing . But I do think I should wash the plants jus in case after harvest I believe with baking soda and lemon juice .

That doesn't sound like mites. That sounds like Aphids. Do they look like this?

View attachment 308153
Maybe fungus gnats if they are around the soil at the pot edges. Letting the soil get drier and maybe some diatomaceous earth sprinkled on top of the soil could help.

Don’t go by weeks in flower to determine harvest time. If you like a speedy buzz, harvest early(clear and cloudy trichomes). If you like couch lock, harvest late(majority amber trichomes). If you like something in between, harvest when you have 20-30% amber.

Yeah fungus gnats can be a pain in the ass but like Fogey said let the soil dry out more and they will die out. Also you can put some yellow sticky fly tape out and they will be drawn to the tape.

They are white looking with legs and I usually can only see them ontop of pot where the edge is . So I cleaned it with ipm and brushed underneath the crevice incase they were there. I didn’t foliar spray as it’s late flower I brushed most of under the leaves tho with IPM as I was having anxiety and fear if I didn’t it will get worse . I do intent on applying it 1-2 times more before harvest as it states I can use upto the day of harvest . Idk what else to do . Will someone please guide as to when is a good harvest date i know typically 70-30 amber trichomes is good time but idk if I have that luxury of time since these white looking things. I originally thought either September 14 or 21 would be good days to harvest . I’m a real rookie man I can’t help but feel ashamed I let these plants get sick so late or idk I could be tripping over nothing . But I do think I should wash the plants jus in case after harvest I believe with baking soda and lemon juice .
I have not tried washing buds so I can’t say how well it works. As I said, most people have smoked bugs in their buds. Maybe try washing some and just drying and curing some to see if there is a difference.

I take a spray bottle. Use 30% alcohol,70% water, and a tsp of dishwashing liquid. Shake it up good and spray them down real good. I wait for about 15 minutes and spray off with clean water. Repeat as needed until gone.

Latest posts

Back