Not sure when to harvest/ having spider mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the theory is the trichomes are not water soluble so they won’t be damaged by the dip n shake. One article I read had the author admitting he didn’t find any difference in the smoke.
As long as the rinse water is tepid in temperature the THC Glands (trichomes should not wash off) too cold they become brittle and break away from plant material (BUDS)
Too Hot will bust them open almost like melting them.

I will definitely spray them with water after applying neim oil idk what else to apply I tried alcohol and dish soap yesterday and i only seen one this morning . So maybe it didn’t help idk I am gona try neem oil today then rinse them with water after …. And if they don’t work go back to alcohol. I have about two weeks maybe 10 days til harvest . I’m just flushing them now and making sure the tent is clean . Really nervous as time and resources were spent but nobody forced me to grow so I jus am stepping up and being pro active about these critters. I’m also a new father and find growing has taught me a whole other level of patience and I guess ultimately it’s what will get me farther in life then buds with no pest. And I’ve learned the growing community on this forum is the best and I pray everyone grow comes out amazing 🙏🏼🙌🏼 however buds with no pest can also get me far in life haha

I think the neem oil needs to stay in place for a while to be effective. I have never used it but that is my gut feel. From what I just read, if it rains, you need to reapply it so I think rinsing would do the same thing.

I jus read that neem oil shouldn’t be used 3 weeks before harvest as it can affect taste . I mean if it gets worse maybe I will do it and then rinse with the 3 bucket method of baking soda and lemon juice as it would get cleaned that way . I think I will just apply the alcohol and dish soap for now , and if the current state stays like it is maybe I won’t have to do the 3 bucket method . Really nervous but I did get a cool 15$ Amazon scope that zooms in 60x-120 x it’s difficult as u need a very steady hand but I do recommend to check trichomes and bug etc.

Also guys I don’t recommend going with bag seeds over feminized as most of my plants came out small . I just got in the mail 8 feminized seeds - gorilla cookie , Candyland , cherry pie , phantom cookie domina , pineapple chunk , purple gelato , and Gods bud . I regret not going with feminized seeds too bc they are suppose to flower quicker .

I don’t think bag seed vs feminized seeds will effect plant size. Vegging time, strain, lighting and environment will have the largest effect on plant size. I have never heard that feminized seeds flower quicker. They are made usually by spraying colloidal silver on a female plant to force it to throw some male flowers. I don’t know how that would influence how quickly they flower but I am wrong sometimes.

I don’t think bag seed vs feminized seeds will effect plant size. Vegging time, strain, lighting and environment will have the largest effect on plant size. I have never heard that feminized seeds flower quicker. They are made usually by spraying colloidal silver on a female plant to force it to throw some male flowers. I don’t know how that would influence how quickly they flower but I am wrong sometimes.

I’m not sure either I read in the same thread from someone post that sometimes feminized seeds can flower soon and it my case it would help if they were feminized bc I’m having these issues . But who knows the only reason why I did do bag seeds bc my buddy that grows told me seeds you find from bags that get you high usually are good seeds to grow 🤷🏻‍♂️ Idk I’m curious if in the future they would do case study

Autos flower quickly. The reason I bought feminized seeds when I first started growing(and I think most people who use feminized seeds also feel this way) is because I didn’t want to waste time vegging plants that could wind up being males. Bag seed is good to practice on. They are frequently seeds from female plants that hermie and self pollinate so these are usually female as well.

Possible solution ; my other good freind at the grow store suggested these so I purchased them in case I go this route . Introducing 500 count of lady bugs. He said they would do far better work then I ever could as I’m so close to harvest and really can’t apply anything . I have one grow room which isn’t 100% sealed it’s sealed from the top and sides but not the bottom completely. My question is should I use the lady bugs my main concern is mass reproduction and them taking over my basement . Has anyone ever had a problem from using lady bugs I believe it’s also thrips instead of aphids . Thank you guys !!!

Attachments

• 8B8A1500-0B39-46C7-8168-F96ED04F7592.jpeg
    8B8A1500-0B39-46C7-8168-F96ED04F7592.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Also , only one tent is affected so I would enclose that tent as right now it is open both tents but if I put lady bugs maybe I should close the tents. The reason it’s open is bc I have one AC working for both tents for energy efficiency . And dehumidifier as well … thanks guys

tents suck, not anything else I can add...if you spray with neem in flower you're gonna taste it every time you spark up a joint...seriously, do you really want to smoke neem...I've had to burn an entire crop due to infestation...you can fool yourself into thinking you'll deal with the bugs but if they're entrenched and dug in for the long haul all you're gonna do is piss off the bugs and trashing the plant after it's all over...sorry but that's the way I see it...good luck either way...

tents suck, not anything else I can add...if you spray with neem in flower you're gonna taste it every time you spark up a joint...seriously, do you really want to smoke neem...I've had to burn an entire crop due to infestation...you can fool yourself into thinking you'll deal with the bugs but if they're entrenched and dug in for the long haul all you're gonna do is piss off the bugs and trashing the plant after it's all over...sorry but that's the way I see it...good luck either way...
I made the mistake of using neem one time in late flower
Never do again

Hello everyone I was able to get a shot of ice cream cake I think she will be ready in a week or less. In my other tent is this video of what I was talking about the white shit ontop of the pot . It’s at the end of the video you will see something crawling . So this is my worry guys as I’m about a week or less to harvest 7 plants 5 in which are In the video

Attachments

• EED85943-723B-4C02-A9DE-D276B1DF7A68.jpeg
    EED85943-723B-4C02-A9DE-D276B1DF7A68.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3357.MOV
    34.7 MB
My Opinion Only - Your getting close. Regardless of what you do with this current run... Clean, bug bomb if you have to, disinfect, repeat... Spread the process out over a couple days, maybe a week. Then restart after all the fumes clear. If that is even possible dependent upon your situation.

My Opinion Only - Your getting close. Regardless of what you do with this current run... Clean, bug bomb if you have to, disinfect, repeat... Spread the process out over a couple days, maybe a week. Then restart after all the fumes clear. If that is even possible dependent upon your situation.
Do u think it’s spider mite? And I know it’s a quick video but I’m pretty anxious and idk I feel like I will do the 3 bucket method on that plant in particular and look deep into the other ones and might just wash them all with baking soda and lemon juice if I see anything . I think they need 1 more week I will clean tmrw as I will have more energy I was with the baby for 16 hours today wife iWorks.

Latest posts

Back