not sure where to put this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaGreen

mama to brats n buds
Reaction score
but as of 330pm we have been busted for cultivation of marijuana plants because of a nosy neighbor. i'm unsure if i'm being charged as well yet, but basicly the drug task force for our county came with a search warrant, and seized 6 plants (3 were seedlings that had just popped the soil) along with our fans,ducts,and lights. they also seized our pariphinalia. according the the guy with the shiney badge, we'll be reciving a summons in the mail for our (his?) court appearance. i've locaded a lawyer through NORML and now it's just crossing our fingers and hopeing for the best. in PA growing even one plant is a felony offence and now my hubby will have that on his record.

we're most likely going to have to sell our house and move...and i don't know if he's going to jail or prison or if i am...i hate not knowing...i'm scared and sick to my stoumach thinking we're going to lose what we've worked so hard for just because pot is the only thing that works on my migraines. i feel like it's all my fault since we were growing so i wouldn't be in pain 3-5 times a month. at the risk of sounding like a whiney kid it's just not fair!

i mean what if they take the kids or he goes away for a few years? the fines alone can top out at 25k just for the cultivation, forget the 2500 fine for the bongs and stuff. it's total bull, we're good people! we pay our taxes and cut our lawn. we go to church on sunday and donate to P.A.L every year. we're not criminals!

i'm sorry for the novel, i just had to vent and i know i can trust you guys.
i think we're gonna move to maine once this is over, at least there i can get a med card and not have to worry about this crap ever again.

anyway thanks for reading/listening. i just had to talk to someone.

take care and be very safe,
MamaG

Oh man, I'm SO sorry to hear this is happening to you guys! I know the waiting to see what's going to happen is agonizing. Damn it! Neighbor's can be such SOBs!!!!
Good luck Mama, I for one am on your side and hoping for the best for you and your family. Peace MamaGreen.

Oh man, sorry to hear. :(

Why can't law inforcement go mess with the real criminals and leave us the heck alone.

Boooo.

I hate to hear that. been there myself and i know exactly how you feel. good luck. keep us posted the best you can.

it is a nightmare, one i never thought would happen to us but now that it has we're just going to stay strong and do whatever we have to to get out of this mess they put us in. I'm afraid to go to bed because I'm scared something else will happen (even though theres no reason for anything to) it's the strangest thing. i guess it's just the stress of the day.

what bites is we always did the cautious thing..tell no one, keep it low profile,etc.. i'll let y'all know what the lawyer says tomorrow ( i hope we can get an appt on such short notice) and we'll go from there.

even more messed up was the neighbor in question came over and was all sorts of nice to me not 10 minutes before the cops showed up...when i see him again he's getting a piece of my mind, or at least a directive to stay the hell off our property

you have no idea how much your support means to us. it's nice to know someone out there doesn't view us like we're the scum of the earth.

Thats terrible news,
How did the neighbor catch on? was he snooping around your place?

Oh wow - REALLY sorry to hear about that. I know the "automatrons-in-blue" in PA can be real "you know whats". It will be interesting to see how they established probable cause to obtain the warrant. I know it all seems really overwhelming right now, but try to remember the facts of the situation that could be in your favor like: your claim of medical necessity (supporting med records with debilitating migraine dx); length of history of suffering/disability; warrant obtained legally (?); what you/husband said to the police; community status; etc. That they even let you go with a "citation/summons" is amazing to me - thankfully of course (and a potentially good sign.) This is just so completely unconstitutional and wrong - no one should have to go through what you're going through and I'm here for you.

People who say “I don’t like what you are doing, you must stop in order for me to feel good and justified in what I say and do to you” SUCK!!!
They think they are righteous in their actions but really they are sad and pathetic people who have no sense of self at all, so they find through there righteous actions (which aren’t even right half the time) a way to feel something . They are always looking around at others looking for fault and wrong in them and when they find it they feel so justified…….and they are empty.

We do what we do because it makes us feel free, then something like this happens and it freaks out those who share our experiences and beliefs. We then question our freedom. That’s exactly what the sheep of this planet want.:hitchair:
Don’t feel guilty! That’s the worst thing you could do for yourself. You are not guilty of a darn thing.
You are as free as god intended you to be.

I will not feel sorry for you, for that will not help you in this situation, what I will do is see you in my mind living your life in happiness and harmony as you have always intended for your self. That is all any of us really want.

You are so loved and if you can find a place in your mind of stillness you will see that all is well. it really is.

We have always loved you, he gently whispered, as his shadow slowly merged with mine.

That's a real bummer. Hope everything works out for you and your hubby. How did your neighbors know you were growing bud?

Sorry to hear Mama- good luck to you and your hubby. Stay strong, and like Dadgumit said- remeber the facts- even write them down (nothing self incriminating). Peace and love to you.

Very sorry to hear MamaGreen. I can't believe that the penalties in the US can be that harsh, and you stand to lose so much.

I hope everything works out the best for all of you, let us know what happens.

Mama, you gotta stay positive. No way your gonna lose your kids or hubby going to jail over this. You had 6 plants. The court will never believe you are a dealer regardless of how ridiculous the prosecuters' argument. 25k fine may be possible but seems very unlikely. I have a feeling you are going to feel better after having a discussion with your lawyer. What bugs me is the fact that LEO had a warrant. I wonder about sufficient criteria for obtaining this warrant. I really doubt the neighbor simply smelling something would be enough....or just because he "thinks" you are growing. As justified as you may be in telliing this guy off (personally I'd like to rip his head off), you make want to actually be nice to him. Yeah, that's right. Try to feel him out for info. Or better yet if you could get someone else to talk with him and find out exactly what was said in his initial contact with LEO. Information is power and anything you can do to help your lawyer to provide the best outcome. The criteria for a warrant I believe is known as "reasonable suspicion" that is less involved than probable cause as we all know is the criteria for an arrest. No one has been arrested yet. I wonder why that is as well. Could be a good sign. You also have a chance that the judge will not want to waste time and taxpayers money on something this small. There is a chance that LEO was merely acting on the neighbors behalf and has no intention on following through with prosecution. This seems unlikely but if you show you are willing to put up a good fight they may become lazy. Finally do some research on similiar court cases where people in the same circumstances had very good outcomes. Keep in mind they will have to cases that were fought in PA. as verdicts in court cases in other states are inadmissable. Yes, this is your lawyers job but don't think it isn't possible for you to uncover something he or she will miss. Also if this ends up going to trial (which will be unfortunate due to the costs) you can then request a jury. It's very difficult for me to believe that a jury will dish out a harsh punishment in this case. Then, if all else fails, there is the media. Regardless of whether most American believe in legalization the overwhelming majority don't believe in jail sentences or kids being taken away for something this petty.

Be strong, fight, and do your best to keep a positive attitude. I wish you and your family the best and please keep us posted. ;)

Im very sorry to here that.Listen to what Thai User said he makes alot of good points.Stay strong.PS I think maine is a good place to live I grew up there.

Sorry to hear about the Mess MamaG !!! There nothing like being befriended by neighbors that suppose to watch out for yea so ur Crap doesn't get ripped off by drug addicts... What a price to have to pay for a neighbor to do stuff like that "call the Cops"
So how long have u known this neighbor ?
I sure hope the those Lawyers can help ur hubby out and just get a small fine and I DO HOPE You have talken to your Doctor in the past about ur migraines and that you smoke to get rid of the pain !! If so this will Help You Out because the Doctor knows and can help on ur behalf, but if u got ur medical card then that will even be better..

I think I have kool neighbors and I lived here for 7 yrs and i smoke outside inside and they all seen it and smelled it and they know there NO traffic and the kids r well taken care of !! Beside that the one side neighbor there adult kids smokes out back and they party all the time and the other side they have smoked in the past and gone to jail before so there real kool but I still keep my guard up at all times..

try to Keep ur Chin Up and Have a SMILE..;) Let God have it..!

again thank you for the support guys.

they had 'probable cause' thanks to what he saw. we have an extra garage seperate from the house,it also has kennals and an office. well we took to using the office to house stray cats until they were healthy enough, then we'd find them a good home. we stopped doing this about 3 months ago and decided to build the new grow box out in the office since no one ever went out there but us. he's the only person we know here (and we never have visitors....ever) and since we thought we could trust him we did the key exchange thing when we first moved in. what we didn't know was the garage is the same key as our house. well he heard the a/c running in the office and decided to 'investigate' (ignoring the fact that he KNEW we did the cat rescue thing and didn't know we stopped) because he thought it was ' odd' (hello we did the same thing last spring/summer and he never went in there!!)

well he saw the box and decided to open it to check because (and i'm quoting the warrant here, he "thought they were raising baby chickens" he saw '6-8 pot plants aprox. 2 ft high" (yeah the highest one was 10 inches,if that..you guys saw them,not 2 ft) so instead of coming over and saying "hey guys i don't like that you need to stop", which we would have done in a heart beat,ya know (or at least moved them inside and said we stopped) he called the police, told them what he saw and a officer drove past the house,saw the a/c in the window (nothing else) and that was enough for them to get a warrant.

we trusted this guy because he IS a good guy, i just wish he had taken the time to say something to us instead of hopping on the phone.

i'm keeping my faith that theres a way to get out of this with my family, our home and bank account intact. hubby asked the cop is they were going to take the house and he laughed and said "for 6 plants? we have better things to do" which raises the question of why even bother comming at all. they said they could take him in right then but they wern't going to and never mentioned me which makes me think that he's the one in trouble here...last night he told me to testify against him if it came down to me or him so i could stay with our kids...i could never do that!
i only feel guilty because we grew mostly for my migraines with a lil puff on the side to relax at the end of the day,ya know? i suggested we start however many years ago it was now (6-7? i lost track) and all. although i've never had a man who was willing to go to prison for me before so that proves he really ment all that stuff he said in the wedding vows.

yes the penalties in pa are harsh as hell..i was stunned when i went to NORMLs site and saw how bad a felony pot charge was here.
strange thing was they didn't take him or i to be printed or mog-shotted (is that a word?) they just mirandaized us both and took our plants and set up.
hubby thinks its because he had a possestion charge when he was 18 or 19. maybe he's right.

all update after we talk to the lawyer. again thank you for all your support.

oh on a side note, the first thing they asked both of us after we heard our rights was'do you know a bigger fish?" *scowls*

edited to add clarity

That's terrible. I'm sorry for your problems. I can't believe people are so willing to get the police involved instead of giving you guys a chance, neighbor to neighbor. Obviously he isn't a good guy. Have a good talk with your lawyer and I think you will feel much better about the situation. I wish you and your family the best of luck. Definitely keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back