not sure where to put this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is something really wrong with someone being able to trespass on your property and then call the cops on you.

However, the fact that neither one of you was arrested and incarcerated is a really good sign. Generally when one is arrested on felony charges, you are incarcerated and bound over to district court. They don't even set bail until you have been arraigned. So, I think "receiving a summons in the mail" indicates that this may not be as serious a charge as you fear.

Many first time offenders (on all kinds of charges) are given withheld judgements. With a withheld judgement, you are placed on probation for a year or more, generally have to do some community service, and usually attend drug or alcohol classes if drug or alcohol related. If you keep your nose clean and do everything you are supposed to, the charge is dropped at the end of your probation period and there is nothing on your record. LOL--It's called a mugshot.

I think that your home and family will remain intact. Your bank account may suffer however--have you priced lawyers lately? Fortunately it should be really easy to convince them that you do not know any "bigger fish"--after all, you were growing yourself so you didn't have to deal with "drug dealers". After 911 there were a bunch of commercials on TV that stated that if you bought drugs (including mj) you were supporting terrorists. I thought that if I got popped, I would see if I could use that for part of my defense.

I am so sorry this happened to you. It is so horrible to have your life disrupted like this...there are soooooo many other way worse problems in this country that LEO should be addressing. Keep your chin up. Things will work out.

Hey I didn't get a chance to read the whole thing, but I just wanted to lend my support. I also wanted to let you know one thing, you might want to make your computer dissappear till this all blows over...I am surprised they didn't take it all ready. Good luck and I am sorry to hear you live next to RATS!!!!

What the...?!? You got to be freakin' kidding me...:rant: I'm not an attorney - so please place no undue value on my layperson's opinion - but, TO ME, it appears that your "cool neighbor" should be on the DO NOT CALL list because he is the state's prime witness against you. HE: 1) Placed the call to the police. 2) Established his relationship to you and that he had permission and means (a key) to access your outer building from you/husband. 3) Established how he was alerted to a "deviation" in/to the building (A/C running) and how that was different from what he had witnessed and/or experienced before as "normal". 4) Established how this "deviation from norm" caused him to investigate further (cause he's a helpful kind a guy)... 5) Established that upon further investigation he found XYZ, AND, drew a picture for the police that saiid, "SEE - if you drive by RIGHT HERE you will see what I saw and you can justify how YOU would be alerted too!" Schmuck.:mad: You know, if it were me - and I don't like saying this because it takes me to a place that I don't like to go...but that being said... I don't expect you to be subjected to the full wrath of PA state law, but after my legal position was assessed with my attorney, if it were determined that "things" were looking ugly (ugly for me is ANY jail time), I would incriminate this guy as a co-conspirator. "Well of COURSE he had a key - he was doing it too! As a matter of fact, ALL but ONE of the seedlings were HIS!" How long did he have a key? Is there anything about his lifestyle that could be used against him (loner, keeps odd hours, parties, etc)? Could he have become jealous of you or your husband for any reason? Are there any charges that he is dealing with (DUI?) that could benefit from him presenting himself as a "law abiding citizen"... Just how credible is their witness?? Again, I doubt that measures like these will be necessary in your case, but don't hesitate to fight fire with fire! You're strong and intelligent...you'll do what you feel is best.

You know people like this, I'm sorry rats like this need to be given their due recoginition the community needs to know what good samaritans they are. It's asahme they don't have a web site to recognize all these people, they deserve it. If they feel obligated to stick their nose in other people's business and "help" out the community surely they deserve the credit, in the form of their name, picture, and full address posted for all to see. That way people could write them nice letters, send them information on the true evils of cannabis. People could stop by and shake their hands, me personally I would love to be able to visit and give them some free landscaping free of charge of course (just got new tires on my car), and a paint job for the house....you know a shade of spray paint with the big words RAT all over the house, I would do it tastefully of course, I am somewhat artistic you know.

You have to be kidding me, so many things just seem so wrong with your situation. Unfortunately with "drugs" most of our rights as citizens go out the window...why? Who the hell knows. In all seriousness though I am not a violent guy, an idiot at times yes but not a violent guy, this guy needs an *** whooping, he needs to learn to mind his own business. In a perfect world you would be able to post his name and address here for everyone to read, I know it's wrong...it's like ratting, imagine that. He can rat you out for growing a plant and muck up your life but if you were to post his name and address for everyone to read it would be considered wrong. I live in Philly probably not too far from you and in a perfect world I would drive up their for you and rescape the lawn and give them that paint job...hey man you do a good deed you deserve one in return.

Sorry for my rant, I get a little "passionate" at times LOL. I wish you and your husband the best...I also know what it's like here in PA and it's a real shame. Sad thing is, I'm sure that you and your husband are very active members of society, meaning you contribute and what not, and you probably would never hurt anyone. I just don't understand why everyone doesn't get that about most cannabis users/growers. We aren't hurting anyone, and due to ignorance half the people in this country buy the propaganda shoved down our throat about drugs...the whole thing just seems so unreal. Once again good luck with everything. Also shake the rats hand for me if you could, maybe even congratulate him on his lack of control and respect for others private lives, and if you want PM me and I'll give you my address and we can show him a good time here in South Philly...we love rats around here. I could even introduce him to some of the neighborhood guys as the rat. I'm sorry but people like your neighbor need to learn their lesson and the hard way IMO, it says a lot about their character.

You know what else gets me...you always hear about these whack jobs that do crazy things. Like lock 12 girls in their basement, torture and kill them. Guy gets caught and all the neighbors act shocked LOL, some nice couple grows a couple of plants and the neighbor calls it's just so frustrating and wrong. Half the time people walk around with their heads up their butt but yet some guy finds the time to rat on his neighbors about some plants. I HOPE HE GETS WHAT HE DESERVES!!!

Ive heard of actuals and read of similar, what confuses me is in all the cases of this ive heard before all comps are taken, yet yours wasnt, in all cases ive heard and known of and read, all parties were arrested, yet .......

GET THE DAMNED KEY BACK FROM THAT CRAPHOLE OF A NEIGHBOR.:holysheep: Or go 'plant' some seeds in his home and tell the cops where you got the material (seeds) to start this operation. Oh yeah, and tell the cops he called them cause he got pissed when you wouldn't let him sell yer crop because YOU NEEDED it for yer headaches. I'm not a violent person as a rule but I'd like to rip that guys head off and crap down his neck!

hippie..they only had a warrant for the shed, not the house. if there had been a pc out there they would have taken it i'm sure. i'll scan the warrant if you like so you can see it for yourself. they have to have a reason to take computers, like info pointing them to criminal activity involving the pc. I'm not questioning any breaks we get in dealing with this.

i spoke briefly to a lawyer today (he seemed way to excited about a cultivation case,guess he sees a lot poss. cases) he was at a conference or seminar or something so he didn't want to talk details but we're expecting to confer with him this evening. i will keep y'all updated on whats going on as always.

aww snuggles thanks but i don't thing messing with his house is going to put us in anyones good graces at this point.:) hubby says we're moving no matter what now because this town doesn't feel safe any more and i tend to agree.

(he seemed way to excited about a cultivation case,guess he sees a lot poss. cases)

Wow, that sounds great already. And from what i have read so far it seems so much better than your first post. Good luck Mama and take care.

Yeah I'm sorry it made me angry to read that, you trusting the man and all. People have to learn to mind their own business...it's not like you beat the kids and stuff you know? Best of luck with everything it is truly ashame that in this day and age a poor couple can't grow a couple plants for headaches or even to just get high. Barbaric, the lawyer knows best. Things always work themselves out in some way or another...sorry for the rant like I said I speak from the heart without thinking sometimes, plus I think if you are cowardly enough to rat on someone for a non violent cultivation charge you deserve the credit....it speaks a lot about someone's character or lack thereof.:D

amen snuggles :)

well the lawyer stopped by on his way home and we have good news and bad news. good news is, he's dealt with the officer who signed the warrant before and he feels confidant he can get it knocked down to a misdemeanor charge since it was such a small amount and an amateur set up (thank goodness we hadn't ordered our new lights yet!). because hubby has a previous poss charge he would have been facing a MMS of 3 years (only 1yr for 1st offense) IF we had had 9 or more plants. but since we were so small and clearly growing for personal use only he thinks we have a great shot at getting this crap bumped down to basically a bunch of fines and probation.

he even called the officer after he picked up the retainer check and the cop said to him he didn't get the feeling we were anything more than personal use growers. so thats good news...the lawyer also said that Child protective services most likely wouldn't get involved because we wern't growing in the house. so even better news there.

the bad news..well we got caught and if ever i needed to smoke a J, now is it,lol. i'm still nervous but at least now i'm not terrified they're going to come in in the middle of the night and take us away.

they didn't take us in because the charges haven't been officially filed yet. they will be filed after they speak with the DA on monday but he's hoping to get it bumped down before it get to her/him. he'll call us when he knows more and i'll post it soon after so thats where we're at right now

take care and be very safe guys,
MamaG

I feel ya Snuggles... I think it touches the core of fear in all of us that live under this Totalitarian democratic regime. What absurdity...what insanity... A government that encourages an "us v. them", "right v. wrong" civil polarization of its citizens...that's great, that's REAL progress. Please... It insults me profoundly that they try to "whip into shape" those indiviuals of free, conscious and personally accountable thought who don't buy into their psychological manipulation. But I am who I am...and they be who they be...AND I GET A LOT MORE BUD THAN THEY DO!!! WHO-HOOOO!!:banana:

Sorry for being silly in an "un-silly" situation - I just wanted to make you smile:) Take care of yourself and if you need any shoulders, well I have at least two!

P.S. - You folks are good people - its nice to see.

Take a deep breath, Mama. This will be a major hassle, cause you tons of stress, will cost you some $$, but it will blow over without you losing your house, kids or going to jail.

In the 1980s my great aunt (my grandma's sister) was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. NOTHING made her feel good, except pot. So her elderly husband (who was in his late 70s at the time) would have to drive into the hood to buy her dope so she could feel better (they lived in FLorida then with no legal mj) . Our family was outraged at the time, that these grandparents had to break the law to treat medical problems. But long story short, my great uncle got BUSTED buying once. Charges were filed and eventually dropped. Their lawyer met with the prosecutor and explained that my great aunt was using for medical reasons.

What you need right now is a good lawyer who has a good relationship with the DA's office. The DA should not want to pursue this case. With 6 plants, you are OBVIOUSLY not trafficing. Your lawyer needs to get in there and negociate a misdemeanor plea. You'll probably end up with a misdemeanor possession charge.

Good luck and keep us posted.

FruityBud said:
You can name and shame him on hxxp://www.whosarat.com

I think you have to pay for membership.
Nice thanks Fruity Bud, too bad it;s not a real known thing I think rats should get their fair recognition LOL. Good man

Dadgumit said:
Oh wow - REALLY sorry to hear about that. I know the "automatrons-in-blue" in PA can be real "you know whats". It will be interesting to see how they established probable cause to obtain the warrant. I know it all seems really overwhelming right now, but try to remember the facts of the situation that could be in your favor like: your claim of medical necessity (supporting med records with debilitating migraine dx); length of history of suffering/disability; warrant obtained legally (?); what you/husband said to the police; community status; etc. That they even let you go with a "citation/summons" is amazing to me - thankfully of course (and a potentially good sign.) This is just so completely unconstitutional and wrong - no one should have to go through what you're going through and I'm here for you.

you know that makes me wounder about them just getting a summons. if it was a real warrant or what. that's a good point. with that said you could just get a warning or a citation. sounds like they decided that once they got in there that it wasn't worth prosecuting cause they know just about any lawyer can say that's personal use. keep us posted. also try to figure out how your neighbor might of found out and let us know where you messed up so we don't do the same mistakes.

LowRider said:
also try to figure out how your neighbor might of found out and let us know where you messed up so we don't do the same mistakes.

My guess is the rat took advantage of a trusting couple...he had to be snooping. I also wonder how much he rerally knew about the laws, cause that's a serious decision to make IMO. Even if I think I have to call the cops on someone I always get nervous....I've had the crazy neighbors and have had to call a couple times in the past and it always worried me. I didn't want anyone to get locked up but they were outta hand and had kids so we would call but it was always a dilemnia in my mind. Once again good luck, and isn't PA great for cannabis? I try and explain to some that we are way behind here in the MM world and cannabis in general, PA doesn't mess around IMO.

I would send that neigbor a kind letter explaining how you feel/were betrayed, Explain to him some of the reprocussions you will be receiving (after you know). explain to him your needs of the natural herb to help you sleep at nite or whatever you use it for. provide him a few links to educate himself on MJ. Encourage him to trade you 45 minutes of his time for 'marijuana education" in exchange for the hundreds of "commuity service" you most likely will recieve and/or jail time. maybe a mention of your husbands now criminal record for life. effecting future job opportunities.

don't forget to forgive him at the end though and justify it with his ignorance. let him forever rot in his guilt,

and stop talkin so nice about him......you need to cut all ties with that moron and flip him the bird every chance ya get.

hope ya get the charges reduced...peace

Mama- good luck to you and hubby. IMO the best course is probably to just lay low. Don't antagonize the neighbor or give him a reason to embellish his statement. I hope it all works out for you. Take care.

MamaG maybe this will come out fine for u and hubby and it sounds like it will and if u speak ur mind on why growing to ur lawyer and to the judge and even have ur Doctor sign something for u stating the u have Mindgrades headache and what ever pain u have and hopefully Maybe the judge my notice all of this and give yea a break !
Does ur state recognize Medical Marijuana in anyway? If so my help..

I grow out in my shed and when I leave I recheck the lock and there only 2 keys and I got them both on 2 key rings and my wife gets kinda mad at me when getting ready to leave and I recheck myself on the lock even though I Wouldn't have Any problems with the land lord because I told him from the get and go when we moved here that I smoke MMJ and he Kool with it and beside he a smoker too that restarted, but don't know I grow it..

Its hard to rat on another person when you have no teeth after being mugged by an assailant who had his/her face covered.

Im not suggesting you do this, im just letting you know how the police and the courts here in the UK are not the only people who dish out punishment.

Latest posts

Back