not sure where to put this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daggumit, you think too small. I'm an accomplished baker, how about a 'magic' brownie bottom cheesecake? or maybe a hazelnut-canna torte? :D

thanks for the love guys, while were not slinking away with our tails between our legs, we're also not trying to draw any more attention to ourselves. including defecating on his stoop (but a good idea!)

i was thinking of digging up one of his prize rose bushes and relocating it into the woods that border the other side of our house. or maybe just moving it within his own garden, just to mess with his head. I'm not malicious even to those who wrong me and mine, I'm not gonna be nice but i won't be overtly nasty either.

beyond that we have a fixer-upper to worry about (including a reliable contractor, which i rate up there with vice cops) and our current house to sell, along with dealing with whatever penalties hubby incurs. we have our plate full for now. maybe in a year or two we'll come back and crap on his stoop, that'd throw him off :p

Good news I was worried about you. And I know how you feel about leaving and it's the right thing. I take a lot of pride being from PA or a philly guy and if and when I am able to leave it will hurt a bit. I will miss my Eagles and the city and the country sheesh....

But you guys are good people I can tell you are and I am very happy for you, it could have been worse...and I hope you find somewhere nice to live. IMO PA is just not very liberal and they refuse to open their eyes all this money all these fines all for the wonderful commonwealth system...darn quaker state. Good luck and have a nice weekend, heat wave on the way so take it easy.

MamaGreen said:
daggumit, you think too small. I'm an accomplished baker, how about a 'magic' brownie bottom cheesecake? or maybe a hazelnut-canna torte? :D

thanks for the love guys, while were not slinking away with our tails between our legs, we're also not trying to draw any more attention to ourselves. including defecating on his stoop (but a good idea!)

i was thinking of digging up one of his prize rose bushes and relocating it into the woods that border the other side of our house. or maybe just moving it within his own garden, just to mess with his head. I'm not malicious even to those who wrong me and mine, I'm not gonna be nice but i won't be overtly nasty either.

beyond that we have a fixer-upper to worry about (including a reliable contractor, which i rate up there with vice cops) and our current house to sell, along with dealing with whatever penalties hubby incurs. we have our plate full for now. maybe in a year or two we'll come back and crap on his stoop, that'd throw him off :p

I have always been a very casual smoker and strcitly recreational. Untill recently I took the view that most med-smokers were just trying to get one over. For the past year though, I have endured two back surgeries and have had a fair amount of chronic pain that resulted from being in a helicopter crash about 8 years ago. Tired of feeling strung out on the prescribed cocktail of oxy, loritab, ultram, duragesic patches, and 4 different muscle relaxers, I started cooking with cannabis.

It helps quite a bit more than the pain meds I was prescribed when I eat it and does not leave me feeling too loopy to write or play with my daughter.

I have tried lots of recipies, but have found my favorite to be a nice loaf of banana bread made with canna oil. I just butter two slices and an hour and a half later I am pretty much pain free. We should swap recipies sometime.

I may not need it for much longer though, the combination of being in my pool everyday and the phsyical therapy is finally starting to pay off, I feel my back getting stronger every day.

Hire a contractor who you know who has done at least two jobs for friends or relativesthat were happy with their work. I learned this the hard way this year as well. We did close to 60k worth of renovations and remodelling on our new house and it should have only run us about 45, if we would have hired the right guy the first time.

thanks for the sound advice Mojo, unfortunately thats hard to do in a state 8 hours away where you know no one :p

I'm going to have to rely on the recommendations od the state licensing board and the BBB.

oh i don't deny we smoke more for our personal enjoyment than i do for my migraines but after trying a slew of scripts over the years, I've found that if i smoke as i feel one coming on it helps quell the intensity and i don't vomit or have the severe light sensitivity like i do when i take anything else. plus it's a life saver when it's that time of the month. :D

wish i could Mom, but the cops took my baggie of seeds too:( I'm just greatful it was all bagseed and unknown cast offs.

dadgumit,we should hang sometime..have a dessert buffet :p

snuggles, i feel it, I've spent most of my life in pa (sporadicly) i was born in abington and grew up in lawncrest (NE Philly), it always felt like home. now it feels like a fishbowl and everyone is watching us, and i hate feeling paranoid like that. it's one thing to get high and think there could be monsters waiting for you in the dark dining room (true story), it's quite another to be completely sober and think that every person you see knows and is judging you.
you can always come down south where it's decrim, smoke yourself stupid and get some BBQ :D then join Dad and I as we eat baked goods.

Hi Mama- Glad to see you around the boards! We're all hoping this blows over for you and you can move on. It's a shame you must leave your home for such a ridiculous reason. I hope where you end up you don't have such narrow minded neighbors. If NC is anything like the rest of the country- there should be plenty of contractors lining up to do the work you need done. Get a list of 4 or 5 from the BBB and get bids, but most importantly- really check references.

mammagreen i wouldent of wasted money on a lawyer instead i would be packin my bags and sellin the house over the internet and movin to BC or wheres its decriminalized at least... theyre are so many busts nodays thats probbably why you didnt guys didnt get arrested an booked in county... their are so many people floatin around with stoopid misadeamor warrants, but then again you got kids too so maybe take a charge would be better for you guys then turnin into a outlaw family on the run.. haha goodluck with all that and read every document you can get warrants dropped for less then improper spelling, no capitilized letters, look for flaws!

toke, we're too old and have too much 'baggage' to become fugitives from the law, add into that we are broke until a very large check comes in a few weeks, there was no running away from it hun :)besides running implies we did something wrong,and we don't think we did.

BB, honestly we were going to sell it anyway but stay in the area before these shenanigans started because it just needs too much renovation and on our budget it would have never gotten finished. with a new much smaller house where most of the reno is cosmetic, it'll be done in a month or 2. this happening just convinced us this area is not for us :) i do so wish we could go north but budget constraints and all that.

Also running isn't the answer. If the country you go to also has the same law then you will be extradited, believe it or not in Amsterdam you're not even safe, they still have laws on in the books against cannabis...I could be wrong since I'm an American and not Dutch but I have read many stories, family runs and then they get sent back. The book I was reading is from the early 2000s so it might not be the same there still but I know one thing America hasn't changed, just gotten worse, if thy want you they get you...In my mind if someone runs for MJ why would the US still want them, less problems for both parties involved, and I'm talking small fish, easy answer to everyone's problems. You're lucky Mama if I am found guilty and put on probation then I can't leave I have been told I have to get permission to even go to the Jersey Shore, LOL and I have to sit through brainwashing classes, woops I meant Drug Education classes...so I have to stay until I'm done, but I may get off either way I'm gone, my home is no longer my home and it makes me sad. I grew up being very proud, I got to see so much about our history, got to be part of an absolutely insane sports scene ( Philly fans are passionate as all hell ), so much history and things to see here. I know Abington BTW small world. I was a proud Philadelphian, now I feel like a freaking outcast, I feel violated, I can't relax, everytime I see a cop I feel guilty. IMO PA has become very intrusive, maybe the whole country has I don't know but it feels so weird and not in a good way. Oh well life goes on, NC is beautiful country but not for me, I lived in SC for a while and I like it and all but I want to go to a decriminalized state, yeah the feds can still come in but I don't even grow right now anymore I just want to be able to smoke a joint and not have to worry about all this Nazi crap, a slap on the wrist I can live with, living in a cage for no reason I can not. Good luck with everything and remember it is the Keystone (cop) State:p

Hi everyone. Hey snuggles, I empathize with you completely. Philly always keeps a part of you no matter where you go and you always keep a part of Philly... So many of the fundamental aspects of who I am were shaped by the culture and history of that area...no one should be forced to leave their home but that's how I feel...

I am absolutely LIVID that I had no other option but to leave, just so I wouldn't be living on the verge of cardiac arrest every day with the threat of the cops blowin' my front door off it's hinges at 4am!! I have had Panic Disorder for 20 years - a horrible condition that once robbed me of the ability to attend college, to travel, to work, TO LIVE - and the ONLY medicine that has helped me has been marijuana. I have SUFFERED at the hands of doctors who insisted on peddling the "latest and (supposedly) greatest" pharmaceutical concoction that they were more than willing to use me as a guinea pig for! I have nearly been overdosed, and I have been told that I should be institutionalized for refusing to continue taking a prescribed drug that was toxifying my body. I was miserable and I felt like there was no recourse for help...

One day, when I was smoking casually, I noticed how relaxed I became. That the tension and depression had subsided and without the side effects from the medications that were as debilitating as the condition. And with that - it all began...

NOW - I am enjoying every day of my life! I travel as often as I can - I try to make others smile whenever poossible :) - and I just appreciate so much everything that I get to experience in life. "Freedom" is more than a word to me, it is the substance of life, and I take it quite seriously. Jail is not an option for me - and If you ask me - this "requirement" to move constitutes "cruel and unusual punishment"!

I suppose I'm all over the place with this but it's only because this whole issue has touched every area of my life. Marijuana is a miraculous plant no matter why you use it and we all hurt because of our government's insanity.

um Toke, it's a felony,my husband is a felon now. i wish it was a misdemeanor.

Dadgumit, amen sister. it is one of the best natural meds ever and to weigh to risks against the benefits and still keep it illegal is a crime in and of itself,imho.

well snuggles,best of luck with whatever happens hun, you know you have my support. sadly our only decriminalized state option was nc...i wish we could pull off maine i so wish. and Canada will comply with the US in regards to extradition of criminals, just to clear that up :)

well it's been 6 weeks since the bust and i thought I'd update y'all on whats happened so far...zip..zilch, nada, nothing..no summons no formal charges not a danged thing has happened...talked to the lawyer a few minutes ago and he hasn't heard jack yet either and he's called the cop twice with no luck....as it stands so far no formal charges have been filed

i think the cops took my babies and they're growing them themselves,lol

can't we get the charges (when they come) thrown out if they take too long? seems to me we're being denied 'due process' by them delaying so darn long. who knows. even the lawyer said it never takes this long (6 weeks and not a peep?!). now we're theorizing as to why. so far we've come up with the idea that maybe something went wrong and they are having a problem and taking their sweet time because if they did charge us they wouldn't stick ..of course, thats just wishful thinking on our part..but when you know nothing, all you can do is speculate.

anyway we're doing well so far, just wanted to let y'all know..i can't wait to get growing again..waiting for everything to be done and over with is killing me but hey, i can do it..i am a patient person* snorts* yeah right.

LOL, wouldn't it be nice if they did take too long but they have plenty of time. I just got my official papers the other day, was a while for me too but that's the way they work. So much for a speedy trial anymore. I had a friend arrested exactly 2 months before me and his date has been set for Feb. 09, 10 months after his arrest...apparently the PA courts are a bit busy right now LOL. Maybe the charges will never be filed, which would be great for your husband...nothing like being labelled a felon for nothing IMO it's silly. Good luck and I have been hoping for you, I will continue to do so.

P.S. my lawyer told me he has seen papers show after almost 2 years and yes the charges still held up fine.

yea,it can take quite some time to get a bullish case like that sent through the courts.i didnt get busted growing,but i did get a felony embezzlement and i didnt get papers for that until 9 months later.i think the time frame is a year or 2..might wanna check with your lawyor about the laws in your state.

MamaGreen said:
well it's been 6 weeks since the bust and i thought I'd update y'all on whats happened so far...zip..zilch, nada, nothing..no summons no formal charges not a danged thing has happened...talked to the lawyer a few minutes ago and he hasn't heard jack yet either and he's called the cop twice with no luck....as it stands so far no formal charges have been filed

i think the cops took my babies and they're growing them themselves,lol

can't we get the charges (when they come) thrown out if they take too long? seems to me we're being denied 'due process' by them delaying so darn long. who knows. even the lawyer said it never takes this long (6 weeks and not a peep?!). now we're theorizing as to why. so far we've come up with the idea that maybe something went wrong and they are having a problem and taking their sweet time because if they did charge us they wouldn't stick ..of course, thats just wishful thinking on our part..but when you know nothing, all you can do is speculate.

anyway we're doing well so far, just wanted to let y'all know..i can't wait to get growing again..waiting for everything to be done and over with is killing me but hey, i can do it..i am a patient person* snorts* yeah right.

This as a real bummer MG !!! :(

I know of a federal case where they didnt even chare the folks for 3 yrs. I dunno how long Pa has to file the charges, the Liar should have a clue. The waiting has got to be worse then the penalty. :(

I just hope they figger it's too small for them to mess with and they just break it down to a misdemeanor. Best Wishes to the mildest possible outcome. :aok:

you see, ya all you all see? we did not sign the pettion! we did not! we was scare of cops reading the pettions, quit be baby and go ahead sign the pettions with your name your address your phone number and stand up just for few days, who will win, yall see? yall see? my tear came out for that lady mama just one tear myself I do not have heart for polices I know they doing their job, yes they smoke too (scooff) actually that neighbor ought to shut their mouth!@$E I bet ya one of their teen found out and stole some I dunno and he got caught gotta tell where it came from I dont know, IM pissed. every day I do keep my problem small thats my job and thats cops job, thats where I seprates em out of my problems (growls) yall hippy like stay low I know but stand up man! im impressed with canada but america no one stand up, I went jail before I know, i did my time, screw it, not working to teach lesson and etc, hey mama, next time keep it to yourself ya understand? more of us who signs will win over gov. also... just get a little pipe or just roll paper and take easy like I did when i was in parole, for 2 years I passed drug test and got high everyday, .... omg im upset about this u got in with law....... well yall see see see? see? harmless people we have here busted! just get the acts straight for everybody please! support norml be with them stand with them, dont have to pay them money but money helps yes but stand and march all that thing wake up people I cant do it alone I gotta have many votes as much I can! to win over! we only have 2 judcial to pass it!!!! just show how many people signed it again and again and again that is all we have to do! usa let posion ivy grow, so give that people posion ivy to live with! totally legit! growls!!

jarrett.simmons said:
you see, ya all you all see? we did not sign the pettion! we did not! we was scare of cops reading the pettions, quit be baby and go ahead sign the pettions with your name your address your phone number and stand up just for few days, who will win, yall see? yall see? my tear came out for that lady mama just one tear myself I do not have heart for polices I know they doing their job, yes they smoke too (scooff) actually that neighbor ought to shut their mouth!@$E I bet ya one of their teen found out and stole some I dunno and he got caught gotta tell where it came from I dont know, IM pissed. every day I do keep my problem small thats my job and thats cops job, thats where I seprates em out of my problems (growls) yall hippy like stay low I know but stand up man! im impressed with canada but america no one stand up, I went jail before I know, i did my time, screw it, not working to teach lesson and etc, hey mama, next time keep it to yourself ya understand? more of us who signs will win over gov. also... just get a little pipe or just roll paper and take easy like I did when i was in parole, for 2 years I passed drug test and got high everyday, .... omg im upset about this u got in with law....... well yall see see see? see? harmless people we have here busted! just get the acts straight for everybody please! support norml be with them stand with them, dont have to pay them money but money helps yes but stand and march all that thing wake up people I cant do it alone I gotta have many votes as much I can! to win over! we only have 2 judcial to pass it!!!! just show how many people signed it again and again and again that is all we have to do! usa let posion ivy grow, so give that people posion ivy to live with! totally legit! growls!!

We all need to vote.

Latest posts

Back