not sure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

adam420

My plant is 3 almost 4 weeks into flower and the leafs are turnning a lime green with a little of yellow. Here are some pics i know there not the best but i hope they help. Any help will do.

plant001.jpg

leaf001.jpg

First thing I recommend is a lager pot, with a well balanced medium. Looks to me like it might need some magnesium.

Plant Problems

It's normal.
Marijuana stores nutrients in it's leaves during veg to use during the flowering process.
As these nutrients are expended during flowering, the leaves yellow, wither, die and fall off.
My suggestion--flush the soil with a 1.5 gal. of plain water, then for the next 2 or 3 weeks use a quality full-spectrum flowering nutrient at 3/4 recommended strength.
After that, flush again and use nothing but plain water for the last 2 weeks, to get the fertilizer taste out.

that's the biggest pot i got right now 10", i have only been using plain water from the start. GanjaGuru what is a good flowering nutrient? and how do you flush?

hey hick, I don't understand the Magnesium (Mg) deficiency.

This can be quickly resolved by watering with 1 tablespoon Epsom salts/gallon of water. Until you can correct nutrient lockout, try foliar feeding. That way the plants get all the nitrogen and Mg they need. The plants can be foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water). When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil.

Do i need to use all three together if so i can jsut go and buy dolomite lime & foliar feeding if that's what there called. How do you powdered Epsom salts crush it up?, can someone explaine it a little better for me. thanks

Flushing-
Pour plain water 3 x the volume of the pot.
For instance, if the container is a 1 gal. size, fluch with 3 gal. water.
Pour the water in a slow steady stream, saturating all the soil.
If you have never used nutrients, you need to add some asap.
Get some Fox Farms fertilizer. If you can't get that, buy some kind--any kind--wherever you can, like to-morrow, your plants are starving. They sell flowering nutrients everywhere, even in big grocery/drug stores. They're called stuff like Big Bloom. Use 3/4 strength.

adam.."foliar feeding" is a method, not a product. Misting the plant with nutrient enriched water, allows the plant to uptake nutrients through foilage, that is not availacle or not being utilized through the roots.
Misting(foliar feeding) with the prescribed mix of epsoms saltz, provides the magnesium. Epsoms will desolve in warm/hot water pretty quickly. Dolomite lime or greensand are both great addatives when mixing your soil, to compensate for mag. defficient mix. Lime is also good for buffering ph in your soil.
Hope that explained it a bit better. But, I agree w/ ranger here. Your plant is probably hungry. Find a "quality" fert, and it will contain magnesium.

I got some miracle-gro all purpose, couldn't find any fox farms or anything that i was looking for. I went to http://www.geocities.com/nutrientproblems/ and was reading the information and trying to find the right fertilizer stuff but the people at the garden wasn't any help. I'll keep ya up to date.

Miracle Grow all-purpose is bottom of the barrel.
Some brands nationally available are flowering fertilizers like by Scott's and Peter's.
All flowering ferilizers have 3 numbers is bold print on the front: N-P-K. For flowering, the middle number should be highest, like for example 20-40-20.

I've had good luck with peters on all my outdoor garden plants. I heard its good for hydro too, they have all the #s.

the Miracle-Gro i got is 15-30-15 but i haven't stated to use it yet.

Miracle grow does NOT have any magnesium. I'd suggest mixing at 1/2 strength, add a teaspoon of dissolved epsoms when you feed her.

a teaspoon to 4L?

Also my bob's buddie says that when the plant starts to flower it uses up most of it's engery for the buds that the leafts don't always stays green.

Latest posts

Back