Nother newby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alasgun

life's good Today!
Reaction score
where to start? 67 yr old, work for big oil company, about to retire then no more piss test;) Just a couple grows under my belt, prefer sativas, organic dirt. Raise worms, make killer tea, grow indoor with lush led's, bee keeper, machinist, salt water boater. Phew, better come up for air!

Id like to expand my grow knowledge, not into redundant re-hashed stuff sites are full of. When you get a little age on you, you like things simple. Show me some good stuff!

Currently studying the probiotic thing.

Thanks, Alasgun Mike

Cool, cool, cool. It looks like you have a full life--You're going to love retirement! There are a lot of us older tokers on this site.

What is the "probiotic thing" you are studying?

You are almost to awesomeness. My husband retired from being a machinist. I like sativa's too, and am an organic dirt farmer. I grow with Lush Lights too, is this me typing? LOL Welcome again. Do you compost too? I love my lush lights so much. Glad you are here!

Thanks everybody!

Im reading and re-reading (cause i aint too sharp) an article about using lactobacillus serum on plants, during the research i find other, simpler articles talking about milk and mollassas and favoring simpler ill put my own spin on this and give er a try. making the serum looks like more work than im interested in BUT there are plenty of good "probiotic supplements" around so my serum will simply be a milk/ mollassas/ probiotic mix and we'll see how the microherd likes it. "We'll see" because we monitor the compost tea with a microscope before applying, should be able to do the same thing with a soil sample.
Yes i compost but without a lot of effort its a multi year thing up here cause of the cool, short season. Right now im adding 3 more bins and once i get it rolling ill have a bin ready every year. Thought the worms were gonna be the answer but we just dont generate that much feed for them. However they've become the main ingredient for my tea making. Got a batch going earlier today and will post a picture of the "big bopper" this evening.

Sorry to be so long winded

Im moving over to the indoor grow section now.

Pretty much how I got here...started smoking weed while in hi school and then after a few years got serious about working and raising a family...so there were piss tests and such so I thought well I’ll just get on with life and mostly, not completely quit smoking weed...next thing ya know, I’m retired and it’s legal here so first thing I did after retiring was order up some seeds and start my grow...have a blast with it, there is lots to learn (I still struggle) but I’m growing weed...

Latest posts

Back