Nothing but Cotyledons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jericho

Reaction score
Hey all.

Just wondering if any of you has had this before. Popped a Warlock seed and all i seem to have is Cotyledons. No new node showing inbetween them, no true leaves showing nothing at all.

Its been out of the soil 8 days now.

:hubba: beav-and-butthead.gif :hubba:

He said cotyledons :hubba:

sometimes they get damaged coming out of the roots or just never formed properly., can you see a little bump in between at all?

if not itll just sit there for a week or so then die.

actually this happens to me once or twice a year.

Well it looks like the green gods dont want me to have 3 plants in my tent. Thats the second seed to go wrong on me.

Wonder if i should just LST the 2 i have to cover half and half.

I was thinking about that actually. Thought it would be easy in a tent as well because i could use the actual structure to secure the net too. What hight would you do the net above the top of the pots? Pots are about a ft hight and i have 7 ft of hight in the tent.

or you can start more, or is that the only seeds you got? they wont be too far behind the first at this point

PuffinNugs said:
or you can start more, or is that the only seeds you got? they wont be too far behind the first at this point

I have some more seeds but I'm looking for them to finish around the same time and these are the only ones with the same flowering time. Others are more sativa hybrids so are taller and take longer n didn't want them mixed up as i only have one tent.

thats when you bust out crates or boxes and even them out ;)
IMAG0316.png
i understand though, about trying to get them finishing around same time.

Hehe, if you look at my GJ i've got everything in my tent being used to adjust hight. Boxes, wooden crates, kids jewelry box, even an old computer tower lol.

PuffinNugs said:
sometimes they get damaged coming out of the roots or just never formed properly., can you see a little bump in between at all?

if not itll just sit there for a week or so then die.

actually this happens to me once or twice a year.

:yeahthat:

Same here....every now and then I get one. Sometimes I can see the tiny damaged lil leaves and other times not. Probably happened when it was shedding it's bean hat.

Jericho said:
Hehe, if you look at my GJ i've got everything in my tent being used to adjust hight. Boxes, wooden crates, kids jewelry box, even an old computer tower lol.

i never noticed it before, now that you say it i do see it.

Ah well. Looks like it will just be the 2 ceres seeds then. Will try and scrog it (with all your help).

My tent is 1m x 1m, think i could fill up the tent with a scrog and 2 plants?

If you want to do a scrog don't use netting. What you need is to get you some pvc pipe and make a frame that is just a bit smaller than your tent space then get some "dog fence", "hog wire fence", different people use different names for it. But you can get it in size 1m tall by10, 20, 30meters long. Almost any hardware or farm supply store will have it. You can get it with the holes being 5cm x 10cm or 10cm x 10cm. there are several options. But this is best as you can attach it to the pvc with wire or zip ties and stretch it out tight. Then you suspend it 30-40cm above the tops of the planters, top or fim the plants when they get about 5 nodes tall then start bending the branches out beneath the wire fence and let her veg until the plants cover about 75% of the underside of the fence then flip em. Here's a few pics of the fence material I am talking about. :)

I also attached a pic of one that I did for my first scrog :)

hog fence.jpg

Stock%20Fencing.jpg

dog fence.JPG

Thanks hp. Got a little while before i do anything so these comments will be good resources

Jericho said:
My tent is 1m x 1m, think i could fill up the tent with a scrog and 2 plants?

I think you could easily fill a tent that is 1 metre by 1 metre with 2 plant using scrog.

Cheers dman. Going to give it a try then. Ooo I'm excited Hehe.

I agree with Dman, although I am no authority on scrog, for that you need to talk to THG. But I think doing a scrog with 2 plants in that space will yeild very nicely. It will take a bit longer to veg enough to fill the screen, but I bet it will be quite worth the wait. :)

Latest posts

Back