Nothing to scrape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_riz

Reaction score
So im sitting here alone. Its 11:20pm, and im talking to one person on my MSN.

No smoke, No music, No TV, Just me and my computer right now. A pitiful existance.

Well we got into the kinda discussion im usually entirely stoned for, Longest words. God knows what triggered it.

First off i recalled the welsh village of:
[SIZE=-1]
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch

My friend then brought to my attention some kind of volcanic ash inhilation desease:

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

And last but not least, the killer, And maybe this astounded me because i wasnt high, but here goes:

[/SIZE]This 1185-letter "word" is the chemical name for "Coat Protein, Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Dahlemense Strain". It is supposedly the longest word in the English language.
The term was published in the American Chemical Society's Chemical Abstracts in 1972, and is considered by some to be the longest real word. It does hold the record for the longest word published in an English language publication in a serious context — that is, for some reason other than to publish a very long word.
In its complete form, the 1185-letter word is:

acetylseryltyrosylserylisoleucylthreonylserylprolylserylglutaminyl-phenylalanylvalylphenylalanylleucylserylserylvalyltryptophylalanyl-aspartylprolylisoleucylglutamylleucylleucylasparaginylvalylcysteinyl-threonylserylserylleucylglycylasparaginylglutaminylphenylalanyl-glutaminylthreonylglutaminylglutaminylalanylarginylthreonylthreonyl-glutaminylvalylglutaminylglutaminylphenylalanylserylglutaminylvalyl-tryptophyllysylprolylphenylalanylprolylglutaminylserylthreonylvalyl-arginylphenylalanylprolylglycylaspartylvalyltyrosyllysylvalyltyrosyl-arginyltyrosylasparaginylalanylvalylleucylaspartylprolylleucylisoleucyl-threonylalanylleucylleucylglycylthreonylphenylalanylaspartylthreonyl-arginylasparaginylarginylisoleucylisoleucylglutamylvalylglutamyl-asparaginylglutaminylglutaminylserylprolylthreonylthreonylalanylglutamyl-threonylleucylaspartylalanylthreonylarginylarginylvalylaspartylaspartyl-alanylthreonylvalylalanylisoleucylarginylserylalanylasparaginylisoleucyl-asparaginylleucylvalylasparaginylglutamylleucylvalylarginylglycyl-threonylglycylleucyltyrosylasparaginylglutaminylasparaginylthreonyl-phenylalanylglutamylserylmethionylserylglycylleucylvalyltryptophyl-threonylserylalanylprolylalanylserine
[SIZE=-1]
random huh :rolleyes:

[/SIZE]

How exactely do you pronounce that.....I tried and only got 15 letters in before I lost track of what I was saying..

Wow, man.....wow!:cool:

floyd said:
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today

sometimes quiet is good bro. ;)
ussually when I get my best thoughts. Enjoy your night and post away bro. :)

Latest posts

Back