NPK levels for budding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGVermont1965

Lover of all things green
Reaction score
Just as the title says, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the proper npk levels in nutrients for indica dominant breeds that are almost 4 weeks into budding.
I know the nitrogen has to be almost totally eliminated and phosphates and potash need to be pumped up but I lost all my old notes and can't fund the info anywhere.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!!

I'm curious how and what you are feeding them now?

I don't know that there are "ideal" NPK numbers specifically. You want to cut back on nitrogen and give more phosphorus, but I don't know that there are specific numbers you try and obtain. You could heck out the NPK on bloom nutrients to see what the nutrient makers think is the ideal numbers.

We've been regulating things with Fox Farms Tiger Bloom and a few additives, they're actually doing real well but I think they can do better with the right help.
My buddy was using some Miracle Grow stuff but I talked him out of that.

I would suggest that you just go with Fox Farm bloom nutrients as they have been working for you. There is no easy way to make up your own nutrients with specific NPK numbers.

Thank you for talking your buddy out of using MG. His plants will be better for it. I don't much care for MG and Scott's--bedpartners of Monsanto, the earth poisoner.

There is no specific NPK ratio that is optimal. There is no need to be extreme in eliminating N or adding P-K. Actually I found that gradual change is better, and sudden change is not that good for the plants. I would start at around 4-2-3 in veg go to 3-2-3 in beginning flowering and keep going down to 1-2-3 towards the end. What I try to figure out more is the optimal ppm. I have grown successfully in ppm as low as 1000 and as high as 1900 in flowering. More often I find myself hovering around the 1300 range but I have not yet concluded if it benefited me or not having pumped up the ppm to 1900 once. I know it did not hurt much if any at all, since the buds were growing great.

I, on the other hand, personally have never gradually switched over from vegging nutes to flowering nutes. When I'd put them into flowering, I would also switch the nutes over. If you are using commercial nutrients, they will give you a feeding chart with recommended nutrients and dosages for the phase of growing that you are in. I agree with Zem that finding the right ppm for what you are growing is important...that and keeping your pH in range.

I think that maybe you are making this harder than it needs to be. Grab some Fox Farm flowering nutes and follow the directions. You are over a third the way through flowering. You really should be on a flowering regime now.

I've had the majority on FF Big Bloom which is 0/.5/.7 npk, everything is doing really well except for one NYC Diesel, they're very tempermental and do not like nutes very much at all.
I found an old notebook from the early 2000's but it's from a hydro grow that will come in handy once the room is finished.
I'll drop in some pics tomorrow, I'll take some at feeding time this evening.
I've got a couple unknown Sativa dominant strains, Bubbleberry, Pineapple Express, 2 different Dutch Hope crosses, some Thai Skunks and a few other breeds all from clone going, we're trying to figure out what to bring indoors for winter fun.

Latest posts

Back