Nurse Larry Group Grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happy new year to all with a nurse larry update---12 solid sprouts popped on 11-12-15---put them on the 12/12 for sexing on 12-21-15---took 12 days to show sex leaving me with these 6 lovely girls standing tall at 2 1/2 to 3'---they be back under 24 hr 4' 8 bulb T5 vegging now---burning 6 blue spectrum bulbs and 2 hortilux power veg bulbs for some added UV spectrum--- http://www.eyehortilux.com/products/...eg.aspx---they no doubt picked up spider mites from the banana kush in the flower room while sexing---these mites are super mites and i am struggling to get rid of them---******* nemesis for the last 2 cycles---nothing seems to be working---anyway---plans this week include cutting the plants back to about 2' taking clones and transplanting into larger 5 gal buckets with some flowering amendments to the soil---then back into the flower room for them in another 4 weeks they go

View attachment IMG_0645.JPG

View attachment IMG_0644.JPG

View attachment IMG_0646.JPG

View attachment IMG_0647.JPG

View attachment IMG_0648.JPG

Got a little stretch there huh? The fan leaf is beautiful, that's my girl right there. So you got a true 50 % girls? That is good. I like your plan. Can't wait to see you rock this grow Orange. Greenest of mojo.

them some happy plants OS........ she puts on some huge buds.

Oh my goodness... tall babies. Can i give you advice you didn't ask for? When you transplant those kids, bury the stem all the way up like you do a tomato. To the cotyledons (first leaves). After you do that which i kinda hope is soon, you need to get a fan blowing on those plants to toughen up the stem. A light one. Please forgive me if you are already doing these things.. They look happy.

yeah thats the plan for later today actually, when i planted the rapid rooters they started in i neglected to put them up higher, so they were below with my clones and kinda stretched out a bit, i have those pipe cleaners to help keep them up a bit, they were tending to fall over from the breeze of the fan, iv been waiting for them so show good solid growth and maybe needing some food to ensure they really took root, iv made the mistake before of not letting them grow into the cups enough and when trying to transplant most of the soil fell away pulling healthy roots with them and it took like 3 weeks for the plants to recover, so im just being cautious from now on...

im too darn tired to crop pics right now, but ill try to get them up sometime tuesday...

i finally got everything set up and had a chance to transplant the 4 nice little Nurse Larry into 5.5x5.5 square pots, they are perfect for veg, and what i currently have 2 of my Aloe, my 1 Lambs Ear and 1 Purple Passion in. so there the Nurse Larry shall sit for a while, when i was transplanting i had a chance to look closer then i typically do from day to day, 2 of the 4 are already starting to pack on the lower growth, which is awesome lol. they look great and just got a nice watering in their new homes. i cant wait to see them take off more and maybe get at least one of both major phenos...

alright so reading over my whiteboard i saw my older writing about Satori phenos i have found... so question about Nurse Larry phenos, i know i was told there are 2 major phenos, im just wondering which is more Medicine Women and which is more Larry... i wanna say the fatter leafs and more compact structure is the Medicine Women pheno.. yes or no?

MW pheno is big fan leaves. No, not a small plant. Between she and Larry, she is the biggest. Larry has smaller fan leaves and smaller stature.

The only picture i have of the MW pheno is in my big huge garden picture. She is right in front of the camera with a sun spot burn on her fan. She had just begun to flower. This plant spent a lot of time in the shade so thus, the stretch.View attachment 003.jpg Here is another one. I just wanted an excuse to post that pretty garden pic. it is my fav pic.View attachment 007.jpg Here she is just starting out.

thanks rose, so fat leaf and less compact, or, thinner leaf and more compact... awesome now to update my board...

well i had a little time to crop just my Nurse Larry pics, so these are just after transplant and watering...

in the 4th pic, of Nurse Larry #3 you can kind of see a slight stagger in the new growth, more so then usual with incoming fan leaves, when i just rotated them just a few min ago i noticed that #3 auto topped... no clue what happened, there is no damage at the crotch of the split, just the main growth tip looks like it split naturally... so odd that i always seem to have one weird plant in the batch when growing from seed... the Satori female i have just starting flowering now also auto topped herself at the 4th node, same deal, no damage at the split it just split... its so cool to see them naturally do weird things like auto top... i was looking at the 4 NL and thinking if i should top them soon or not and i just noticed 2 growth tips...

View attachment CIMG0768.JPG

View attachment CIMG0773.JPG

View attachment CIMG0769.JPG

View attachment CIMG0770.JPG

View attachment CIMG0772.JPG

all righty than---here's the skinny---pics are of the nurse larry which was sexed and now re-vegging for 8 days---douched a heavy dose of forbid 4 days ago---looking mite free---took some clones and cut the plants way back to fit in the veg room---the # 4 pheno is my fav---she is in the back right corner---tall---fat fan leaves---tight flower sites when they were sexed---# 6 pheno is a close 2nd---we'll see how they all recover after the hack job done today---some before and after pics and the cloner :watchplant:

View attachment IMG_0649.JPG

View attachment IMG_0652.JPG

View attachment IMG_0653.JPG

View attachment IMG_0654.JPG

View attachment IMG_0655.JPG

View attachment IMG_0650.JPG

View attachment IMG_0656.JPG

View attachment IMG_0651.JPG

View attachment IMG_0658.JPG

View attachment IMG_0657.JPG

i topped my 4 Nurse Larry a couple of days ago now, after seeing them start to recover, based ONLY on growth structure, i think i have 3 of the MW phenos and 1 of the L OG, of the 4 i have 3 are the same height and further spaced nodes where as the 4th one (my #2) is about an inch shorter and has 2 more node sets then the others, much more compact. but over all their leaves look about the same in width, might take a lil longer to see a difference in the leaves... but things are coming along nicely...

Awesome sun. I hope you get both and see what ya like.

Orange, i really like the way you thinned/pruned your plants. Will be anxious to see them in a couple weeks or sooner. Way cool. You could be a rosarian with those skills. And, ya took a few clones huh? I know you will rock this grow and I am watching.

Latest posts

Back