Nute Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halftoke

Reaction score
Hiya Grow Gurus;

HalfToke has decided to try his hand at this newfangled hydroponic stuff. I/m going to build a drip irrigation tray for the mothers and clones and use ebb & flow for flowering.

My question is does anybody have a suggestion as to what nutes to use and where to get them? I did some searching around and all I managed to do was get confused. And I wasn't smokin or nuthin. I swear.

TIA

:confused::confused:

halftoke said:
decided to try his hand at this newfangled hydroponic stuff. I/m going to build a drip irrigation tray for the mothers and clones and use ebb & flow for flowering.

My question is does anybody have a suggestion as to what nutes to use and where to get them?
Well welcome to the world of hydroponic growing.

I use the three part General Hydroponics "Flora" Nutrients. They have a choice of regular "Micro" nutes or "Hard Water" that will save you some hassles if your water is very hard. It will adjust the pH for you some.

Any compleat hydroponic nutrient will do, even the cheaper powder hydroponic nutrients will work well. I would recommend one of the following 3 Hydroponic nutrients; BC Technaflora, Ionic or as mentioned GH Flora Nova series. You can find them at your local hydro shop and on-line. Quality hydroponic ferts are semi expensive but worth every penny.

BC Technaflora is IMO the best nutrient I have used to date www.technaflora.com

A good powder nutrient I use is called Hydroponic Special (Tomato Formula) 5-11-26 www.alabamahydroponics.com $11.00us.

In short use a compleat nutrient and remember less is more. pH adjusting and pH/EC monitoring is needed however most nutrients are pH buffered already and all ways have mixing charts for strength.

I would also advise not trying any organic nutrients other then maybe a B-1 additive in any hydroponic system.

Have and good luck with your 1st hydro grow. I have trouble with the my first 2 hydroponic grows but it's was all up hill after that. Don't give up Temp's are key to a successful hydro grow

I have been using the general hydro. "flora-nova", it's a simple and really concentrated one-part, real good for beginners.

Stuey said:
I have trouble with the my first 2 hydroponic grows...
Hahahaha, you should have seen my lame ass first hydro grow! I didn't have a clue what I was doing, having only planted outdoors until then of course. I cut my lights back to 20 hours a day and the damn things wouldn't flower. You ought to have seen em tho! The suckers were tied over at 6 feet and grew another 4 feet and just got a few really lame flowers on them. Hahahahaha. When I think back on that one, I wish I'd been in here first!

LOL stoney, I can relate. My first one was like 6 plants under two of those incandescent "plant lights". I let it go forever and got like 6 grams of immature buds from it.

a thousand thanks for all the advice. Now on to the next question:

Knowing HPS lights are the thing for flowering, and knowing my cash flow seriously sucks, can anybody suggest the "next best thing" for lights?

I am going to use mylar on the inside of the cabinet/closet/whatever to distribute light around the plant. I don't see myself trying to flower more than one or two plants at a time.

TIA,
~halftoke

Latest posts

Back