nute burn, or move stress?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxeaglepilot

Reaction score
hey gave the kids their first nute blast, at about 8 weeks, mix was a little heavy on N 20/35/20. I watered it down and didnt give full dose. Then about two days later had trouble in the neighborhood so the moved. were taken from 24 hr light put into car and covered for about 45 minutes. with in a week the were ill. One is doing excelent one is totaly dead, others are outer leaf browning but Lots of new growth coming in. should I remove injured leaves? check out picts. any family member help is apreciated.:holysheep: having problems with pictures. back soon

We need to see pictures.

What soil are they in?

The food your giving the plants is for flowering, your plants are in vegetative mode not flowering.

What lighting are you using?

Do you know your PH?

HippyInEngland said:
We need to see pictures.

What soil are they in?

The food your giving the plants is for flowering, your plants are in vegetative mode not flowering.

What lighting are you using?

Do you know your PH?

I WENT THRU THE PROCESS AND CANT GET MY PICTS TO UPLOAD.
soil is 1 cup of mg garden soil-3 cups sead germination soil bought at menards-3cups of organic manure-3cups of 0-0-0-garden soil and aproximatly2 cups of perlight. they were doing great . since picts wont go. the plants are aproximatly 18 inches high, hand size fan leaves. now brown around all the bottom leaves- but growing all kinds of new green and shoots from top and all along the main stem. after noticed browning, did a complete soil flush, let dry out for 3 days soil was perfect consistency then flushed again, added a anti shock suplement. just not sure if it was move or nute? im guessing nute burn. should I clip of the injured brown leaves and keep going? and when should i feed them the higher dose of nutes again? I'v read, watched the films ect. but they seam to all very on timing of nute.Ill try the pictures again thanks.:confused:

Nute burn looks like burnt leaf tips and the edges of leaves brown.
If they got shock it just makes them droopy.

20-35-20 sounds like some lawn fertilizer and very strong.

If the new growth is looking good you probably caught it quick enough.

Figured Out The Up Load Problem Is I Sent Them To Members Gallery! Sorry Im A Noob. Under Eaglepilots Screwed Up Mess. THANKS For All Help.

xxxeaglepilot said:
Figured Out The Up Load Problem Is I Sent Them To Members Gallery! Sorry Im A Noob. Under Eaglepilots Screwed Up Mess. THANKS For All Help.

Nute burn without a doubt.

xxxeaglepilot said:
New_8_24_08_006.jpg

New_8_24_08_001.jpg

place the "image location" url in between

NUTRIENT BURN! DONT USE CHEMICAL NUTRIENTS HIGH IN N-P-K....

Higher numbers don't mean MORE GROWTH!

Flush them out with 3 times the amount of water as you have soil in the containers. Don't feed according to the back of the box of nutes either. You start out at 1/4 the reccomended dose with ANY fertilizer.

you are killing them with kindness. Covering em for 45 min isn't going to do jack man. I have had to leave plants in the dark for days on end because of storms.

Flush em NOW

Thanks every one. I just needed some confermation on what I thought was up. 3 days after problem started we did the double in 4 days flush. today I went to visit them and where there was nute burnt leaves, there is a new stem at every point and there about double the size as pictured. And thanks for the storm and darkness- that problem occures around here.
THANKS EVERYONE,
THERE ALIVE!!!

Thanks for the info. I use about 3 cups per gallon on mixed (3 cups of each listed) manure,soil,perlite,seedling starter and wormcastings. is that about right for mixing? seems to be doing very well since last visit.:D love to watch the kids grow.

sounds like a pretty good soil mix to me and you said that they were doing great before you added any nutrient..........i might add the same amouint of course peat moss to it too .......... it's proven to keep the internodal distance more compact thus meaning more compact buds and more budding sites.......and like the castings it fluffs up the soil too giving it good drainage and soil areation which is real important in producing healthy roots

good luck what ever you try to do and better luck next time

what are you using to give your plants secondary nutrients, like Magnesium? It look like i see quite a bit of Mg deficiency happening along the edges of the leaves

te fact thatyou used MG products ,then nute blasted after only 8 weeks AND manuer.....wow......i use MG to but i'll never give em' that much food.....

:cool:
PUFF MONKEY said:
go for the schultz 15-30-15 in very light doses for trace nutes...it has em' all

I have that exact product. and have banished the other nutes to the yard and garden(Vegitables):D

Latest posts

Back