Nute burn..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

j99jm

I've been giving my plants in soil the full dose of hydro nutes for a few weeks.. They're about 6 weeks into flowering and the pistals/white hairs are starting to die and turn brown. I know they're not done flowering yet, and the leaves are very healthy looking, with some small brown spots (very few). Could this be a sign of nute burn, even though the leaves aren't showing any?? Thanks!

The hairs will change color as the plant matures. Nothing to worry about IMO. ;)

Well yeah, later on down the road. 2 of the plants have been flowering for not even 2 weeks though and the hairs are dying... not just turning colors, but shriveling up and dying...?

yeah somethings wrong, you should only start them out with 1/4 the recommended dose and gradually move up, you should probably hold off on the nutes, how often are you feeding?

I'm feeding every other water. I've transplanted 2 of them and they're getting water only now. No new growth yet..

Always start only adding nutes when the plant asks for it until you find out what the strain you are growing at the time likes. You may be alright this time, but a flush may not be a bad idea. What do you mean by the hairs are shriveling up and dying? Hairs do shrivel and die as new ones are produced though. Warmer temps seem to cause this more, but it does happen naturally. I think you'll be ok though.

Make sure you dont have some hermi action going down.
Once the bud gets pollenated it causes the hairs to shrivel up
Also bumping and bruising the bud can cause the hairs to turn brown.

No bumping and bruising. It must be a heat/nute thing. The HPS was about 5" from the canopy with no air exchange, just an open room. I'm thinking heat and nutes? I've flushed with a few gallons of ph'd water and the hairs are starting to look healthy, but the plants are still stunted (about 12" at 2 months from seed today) so they should start growing back in a few days, right?

j99jm said:
No bumping and bruising. It must be a heat/nute thing. The HPS was about 5" from the canopy with no air exchange, just an open room. I'm thinking heat and nutes? I've flushed with a few gallons of ph'd water and the hairs are starting to look healthy, but the plants are still stunted (about 12" at 2 months from seed today) so they should start growing back in a few days, right?

5 inches is real close.

I keep my 400's at 18 inches from the top of the canopy.

Latest posts

Back