Nute burn?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Nectar Olympus up which is an organic liquid lime. The soil ph is right around 6.3, should I bump it up? The more I watch it, im thinking I just fed her a lil too much. She has bounced back since pinching the most affected leaves. Seems to have helped. Thank you all for your input, it is always better to have more eyes.

6.3 in organic/soil is a tad low. And, If that is what you are adjusting your watering mix to then I would be willing to bet that the soil pH is even lower. That is why the dolomite lime works so well in soil because it naturally buffers the soil to around 6.5-6.8 which is just right for the microbes to do their jobs.

How much off the Olympus Nectar do you use? what is the chemical make up of that. Lime comes in 2 forms, calcitic and dolomitic. The calcitic lime can cause issues of lock-out due to being too high in calcium. The dolomitic is mostly magnesium so it does better for not causing lock-out.

Youre awesome hushpuppy! I looked at the Olympus up and it is 100% derived from calcite limestone. I still think I over fed a lil, but im all but sure that this Olympus up is causing a lockout of magnesium. My other strains seem to handle the feed a lil better than this Maui. Thanks again and I will be heading to my local grow store.

Latest posts

Back