Nute deficiency due to pH or broad mites or sumpin' else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I have 2 clones from my previous grow. One looks healthy and the other doesn't. The Green Crack is happy but my Gorilla Glue mix is distressed. I am kind of in a holding pattern as far as growing goes so they are only under a couple of weak CFL bulbs. I grow in dirt. I have been using General Hydroponics Flora series and only recently started to check the water/nute solution for pH. It looks like I was watering and feeding with <6 pH solution. I flushed the plants pretty good last week and hoped the mix would look better. It has not improved. Am I just being too impatient? I thought the weirdness of the leaves was possibly broad mites but I have been spraying with assorted insecticides every 4 days for the last 2 weeks(Dr Zymes, Neem Oil, Mighty Wash and even a hotish shower once). I also spent about a half hour looking for the little buggers with a 60 power eye loupe. I don't see any sign of bugs. Oh and I am using SNS 209 in the water as well. The temp in the grow area is around 75. I had a fan blowing on the plants but turned it off as I was thinking maybe I am wind-burning the plant. Any advice is appreciated. I don't want to loose the plants as I really like the smoke of both strains. Thanks...
IMG_4862[1].JPG
IMG_4861[1].JPG

well shoot, you can't see russets with a 60x power. it takes a real microscope, or it did for me. I didn't see them until flower so I don't know if that is what you are fighting. Why do think russets?
I would put the fan on low blowing in their general direction but not directly on them. You have hit them with a lot. You could take some cuttings and dip them in dr zymes or what ever you think works the best, not neem. Looks like your doing everything you can and doing it well.

Some pics on the internet show similar damage. But I'd think they would be on both plants, right? What I should do is go back to using organic nutes and set up my 'mothers tent' and see how they do with some nice t5 lighting. But I am lazy and tired. I will definitely be cloning both of these. I have read that Neem clogs the leaves up but wanted to see if it would help. Thanks for the advice.

Get your pH in check.
Quit using neem and assorted other.
Gain some patience. :)

I think patience is the hardest thing to learn about growing. If you are using synthetic nutes then I would definitely make sure the pH is right going in. The Neem oil is challenging to use. I prefer using Azamax which is derived from Neem oil and dissolves in water better. You can spray it on the leaves and it will leave a waxy appearance for a couple weeks but it breaks down and goes away in about 2-3weeks. I wouldn't spray it on plants with flowers already. But you can still use it as a drench in the medium and the plants will absorb it (works quite well as a deterrent) . It will get metabolized within the plant within 2 weeks of application. Don't use it within 2 weeks of harvest just in case.

Thanks Hush. I will try that. I've heard of it but it is probably on e of the only products I don't have on hand(lol I think)...

I am trying to get these plants to a point I can clone them so nowhere near flowering.

I am a brownie and a half in and I am sitting on the beach with Mrs. Fogey...

As usual, I was being Chicken Little and all of your help was helpful in tuning me in. I have returned to using organic nutes. Those are maybe not really working at optimum efficacy yet. The soil was probably toxic to the microbes but the new growth is looking healthier and I am not seeing what I was Chicken Littling about thinking I had broad mites. Thanks again for the moral support and setting me straight.

thanks to you. they are really happy now. growing like, er, a weed. really nice dark green leaves. switching back to how i started out growing when my plants actually looked healthy and vigorous. i tried changing too many things, too quickly. i don't need big harvests like i thought i did. thanks again hushpuppy.

Latest posts

Back