Nute tactics and ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Like most here, I ph my fluids. Usually 6.4 or so after adjustment. I recently, well 2 grows ago I started using Advanced Nutrients nutes, who claim no pH adjusting necessary.

Trying them out, I usually found pH around 5.8 or so, so I adjusted it up to 6.4 range. Latest batch I dropped the adjustment, as they advertise no need.

So far, everything looking excellent. We will see.

Bubba

3 weeks into flower, plants extremely healthy. So much for the constant use of PH pen.

I started first 2 weeks loading soil with beneficials. Tarantula, Voodoo juice, Pirana, fed with Bud candy and Carboload. Connisuer flower nutes. And of course, their cal mag. Also use their Ancient" Nute as well.

Most of these call for 2 ml per liter, or 1 1/2 teaspoons per gallon. I held off at one teaspoon. Even the original bottom fans remain green at this time.

If this works through harvest, and it appears it will, I just need to figure best "dosing" of nutes.

Let's see how this flower stage goes the next 2-3 weeks

Bubba

This has been a real eye opener. This is working like donkey kong. Even lower fan leaves, while a little tattered are still green. The occasional yellowing on edges of leaves, and so forth, nonexistent. Wondering if the PH "UP" was causing this?

Also, as I previously stated I am using reduced dosages of nutes. Advanced Nutes for most of there stuff calls for 2 ml per liter, which is approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons per gallon, I've held of to 1 teaspoon, except Bud Candy and Carbo load and beneficial bacteria stuff, VooDoo juice, Pirana, and tarantula.

Glad I used good seeds for this experiment, I figured if I started showing PH problems I could change up and save things, with a small hit on yield. Turns out, I think I have an improved nute protocol.

Just finished 8th week, all is growing great and I didn't PH anything, not once. This is an eye opener. RO machine and Advance Nutrient nutes have simplified my grow tremendously.

This has me really wanting to build the diy hydro unit GMO uses. I will use something smaller ( my old shallow water unit) to make sure this "no need to PH" thing also works for hydro.

If it does, I will build hydro unit, and add the chiller. This would be a supervised turn key grow if all holds as Advanced Nutrients claims.

Then, one 2x4 for 3-4 mother's, 2x4 veg tent, and 4x4 flower tent. In the Summer I won't need to grow, other than maintain the mother tent. Could just scratch that, and use seeds! Me likey summer off. I know I will grow one anyway. The time is going to go by.....may as well

This keeps Bubba in multiple varieties of bud, hash and honey oil.

Last edited:
Starting 9th week, still waxy green. Goat and Monkey Ultimate OG. Stinky. A bit. The other plant is OG Legend. Wish I had filled the 4x4, but wasn't sure how this would turn out.

Bubba

Attachments

• IMG_20220518_193615986.jpg
    IMG_20220518_193615986.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20220518_193441463.jpg
    IMG_20220518_193441463.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
plants look fantastic!

gotta love the built in Ph buffers in Advanced Nutes….we use GH nutes with buffers and hardly ever check the Ph

any fragrances coming off those plants?…we have a few Legend OG going this year

I haven’t checked pH in quite some time myself. Not even sure I still have a pH pen around anymore. I was using the General Organics GObox line of nutes for years but switched up to Kelp4Less nutes recently. The plants seem to like it.

plants look fantastic!

gotta love the built in Ph buffers in Advanced Nutes….we use GH nutes with buffers and hardly ever check the Ph

any fragrances coming off those plants?…we have a few Legend OG going this year
The Legend OG has the sweet fruity side of indica, with some traditional indica smells.

Just love the kush reek from a fresh smoke when you walk in the room.

Bubba

Next, SNOWCAINE....was going to try my first auto, nukeheads skunk #1 auto, but nope, think we will go with 20twenty seeds.

Bubba

I also use their beneficial stuff for first 2 weeks of veg and first 2 weeks of flower.

Voodoo juice, tarantula, pirana, feed them with carbo load and bud candy. Connoisseur a and b, and their cal mag.

Final Finish last 2 weeks

Bubba

Voodoo juice, tarantula, pirana is where I draw the line. To expensive, I substitute with beneficial tea. Much cheaper. Also instead of Carbo load I use Hi-Brix molasses for plants. Other than that we are twins.
Do you stop the molasses a couple of weeks before harvest or use it up until harvest? I have used black strap molasses but high brix sounds interesting.

Latest posts

Back