Nute tactics and ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you stop the molasses a couple of weeks before harvest or use it up until harvest? I have used black strap molasses but high brix sounds interesting.
iu

Hi brix is for plants regular molasses is for people. I use this up until two weeks before harvest. Molasses has been used as a substitute for Carbo Load for years.

Last edited:
High brix is why I added bud candy.

Bubba
High brix fruit is supposed to be more bug resistant and resists mold. It is also sweeter and stays fresh longer. I get this high brix hydroponic lettuce that keeps for weeks vs normal lettuce tray wilts in a week.

Do you guys ditch the grow feed?
If you mean the veg nutes, yes, I use soil, and it has nutes that usually get them through veg.

I believe pute uses both, grows in promix/sunshine 4, which has no nutes, so you must add them.

Here is what I know and take this to the bank. I am not A botanist like Big or some others on here. Everything I have learned I got from other people that I listen to. Most on pot sites aren't worth listening to and give bad advice. One must learn to listen to good advice and ignore bad....that is an art in itself. Over the years I have surrounded myself by the good advice. Based on trial and error and listening I am dialed into my style of growing.

Growing this plant is relatively easy.....perfecting a technique is hard and takes time an patience. Why I use the ingredients I use, why do I stop the cal/mag and other supplements 30 days out......because I listen and learn. Why do I dry/cure the way I do....same reason.

I by no means think I am the best master grower in the world.....NO I Am NOT. But I am a perfectionist and I take a lot of pride in my work. A job half done isn't worth doing.

If you mean the veg nutes, yes, I use soil, and it has nutes that usually get them through veg.

I believe pute uses both, grows in promix/sunshine 4, which has no nutes, so you must add them.
Good point Bubba. I use ProMix (can't find SunShine these days) because everything my plants get is from me not some premix soil done by others.

High brix fruit is supposed to be more bug resistant and resists mold. It is also sweeter and stays fresh longer. I get this high brix hydroponic lettuce that keeps for weeks vs normal lettuce tray wilts in a week.
I didn't get "High Brix" was a product. I was talking about raising brix via bud candy.

I didn't get "High Brix" was a product. I was talking about raising brix via bud candy.
As pute stated, there is a product called Hi Brix that is high test molasses. I have not used it but am going to get some when I grow in the fall. From what I have read, high test molasses is used horticulturally as a soil amendment and is also used as a foliage feed product which will kill bugs.

As pute stated, there is a product called Hi Brix that is high test molasses. I have not used it but am going to get some when I grow in the fall. From what I have read, high test molasses is used horticulturally as a soil amendment and is also used as a foliage feed product which will kill bugs.
It's task is to feed beneficial microbes, which in turn aid nutes being absorbed by roots.

Bubba

It's task is to feed beneficial microbes, which in turn aid nutes being absorbed by roots.

Bubba
I saw this as well. I know that molasses feeds the microbes but until looking into horticultural molasses, I had not heard of this use.

Attachments

• 10CE0EEC-D1FD-4808-ACC8-EA18A7BC7197.jpeg
    10CE0EEC-D1FD-4808-ACC8-EA18A7BC7197.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2
Proper molasses should be used, no preservatives, liable to do in the beneficial stuff.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back