nutes for soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D3

Stoned Senior Member
Reaction score
Okay here's the deal I've been a aeroflo grOwer fOr many years nOw I'm switching tO soil is fOx farm 3 part nutes still the bees knees.:confused:

Hamster Lewis does some mighty fine grows using GH3 in soil.:aok:

Well I've been using g h 3 in my hydro for years but I did not knoW that you could use it in soil or is it a different g h product

Unless you are wanting to go organic, the GH3 is what several peeps use in just regular (store bought) soil. :)

Okay I gOt Organics chOice potting soil buy miraclegro it has enough nutes for 2 months do I still add more nutes

I use nothing but GH 3 part in MG Seed Starting Soil...it's cheap, easy to use and gives great results.

If you are using soil with nutes already in it you will need to be careful that you don't cook your plants. Jmo

pcduck said:
Hamster Lewis does some mighty fine grows using GH3 in soil.:aok:

Thanks for those kind words pc....I love GH nutes so much I started buying the gallon jugs. They sell them on Amazon.

Do I still use half strength of the g h 3 part like I Do in hyDro and g h 3 part is lacking in magnesium do I need to supplement that as well dirt

You can start them out low and gradually bump up to a full dose of nutes. You may need some cal mag as well to supplement them. With some strains I need it and some I don't.

D3 said:
Okay I gOt Organics chOice potting soil buy miraclegro it has enough nutes for 2 months do I still add more nutes

I'm not sure you want to start with prenuted Miracle Grow soil. You cannot start seeds in prenuted soil and you have no ability to control what your plant is getting as you release nutrients every time you water. If you are going to be giving your plants chemical nutrients, there is really no reason to use organic soil--the chemicals in the nutrients kill the microbes in organic soil. I found that I needed to add Cal-Mag in flowering when I used GH Flora series.

multifarious said:
amending your dirt with Dolomite lime will add both Ca and Mg

:yeahthat:

I started doing that a while ago and ph problems that I wld experience once in a while totally disappeared. Good stuff multi.

I start my beans in rockwool cubes and I don't add any nutes for the first 2 weeks. Then I'm going To TransplanT Them To The soil at that time I will go ahead and do some fimming. I'm not going to add any extra nutes until about halfway through the Veg stage. I'm just going to watch them and see what they need. Thanks guys I appreciaTe iT

D3 said:
I start my beans in rockwool cubes and I don't add any nutes for the first 2 weeks. Then I'm going To TransplanT Them To The soil at that time I will go ahead and do some fimming. I'm not going to add any extra nutes until about halfway through the Veg stage. I'm just going to watch them and see what they need. Thanks guys I appreciaTe iT

I feed by eye myself....I let the plant tell me when it is hungry or has had too much. Just keep an eye on them and hve some nutrients ready on stand by. I pretty much don't feed my seedlings for 2-3 weeks or until they start getting a lil light green. Jmo

Okay 1 mOre questiOn my friends. For years with my aeroflo I supplemented g h 3 parts with epson salt for the mag problem and it worked great. I would just dissolve it in my reservoir. Can I do the same for soil. Thanks man 1 more thing for hemp goddess I love your hair.

D3 said:
Okay 1 mOre questiOn my friends. For years with my aeroflo I supplemented g h 3 parts with epson salt for the mag problem and it worked great. I would just dissolve it in my reservoir. Can I do the same for soil. Thanks man 1 more thing for hemp goddess I love your hair.

Yeah but I wld do like multi said and add some sweet lime to your soil...I do that myself. It also helps keep the ph stabile. Jmo

Cool bro thanks man:hubba:

D3 said:

LOL--of course, that is not me.....I am an old lady. However, I loved the green hair also.

Goddess: That Organics choice by MG "is not supposed" to have any added or time release nutes in it. That is what I am using right now in my organic grow. It is supposed to be like the FoxFarm Ocean Forest, but I don't know how hot it is.

D3: You shouldn't have to suppliment epsom salt if you ammend the soil with a few generous handfulls of dolomite lime. I also added some good stuff to mine called Espoma's Garden Tone. It has lots of real good stuff in it that will help the soil help the plants. I also found some stuff that I added in called cow peat. It is composted cow manure and peat mixed together. Then you need to add in about 1/4-1/3 of the total mixture with pearlite/vermiculite to help keep the mix from compacting and allow for drainage.

Just a note: the plants that I am putting in this soil are big eaters and can handle the level of richness of my soil. You need to make sure that your plants can handle that kind of nutrient level before putting them in the mixture that I am using.

Actually, Miracle-Gro Organic Choice does have added AND time release nutes. This is the description for Miracle Gro Organic Choice from Scott's website: "Delivers twice the growth of ordinary potting soil naturally! Contains both starting and slow-release fertilizer which feeds for up to 3 months."
hXXp://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?proId=prod70318&itemId=cat50154

Latest posts

Back