nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain23

Reaction score
hello all i was wondering if you guys can give me some ideas for what i should get for nutes cuz as a begginer and ive watched and read alot about them and just amkinda confused on wht to get,, i saw the FF trio, GH trio etc.. any insight in greatful.. just dont wanna buy the wrong stuff.. thx

I use general hydroponics three parts system with Cal mag as an additive, and have all my life. It’s simple and it’s reliable, it’s always treated me well and doesn’t cost a fortune…

I’ve used FF trio as well as GH trio with nice results both with additional calmag. I really see no difference in the two products but that’s just my opinion. Some folks on here add a lot more than me. I’ve tried some extras after getting excited about someone saying how big their buds got but am back to my kiss method now.

I’ve used FF trio as well as GH trio with nice results both with additional calmag. I really see no difference in the two products but that’s just my opinion. Some folks on here add a lot more than me. I’ve tried some extras after getting excited about someone saying how big their buds got but am back to my kiss method now.
thx

my kiss method now. Is that short for " Keep it simple Subbie?" asking for a friend... :rolleyes:

I am using Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect now. I am not a big fan of pH’ing. So far, so good. Used to use GH Organics line. Didn’t need to pH that stuff either. My brother was using it and ran into an issue though when his city water pH shot up to 8 or 9. I’ve been lucky I guess that my town water is pretty stable.

I am using Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect now. I am not a big fan of pH’ing. So far, so good. Used to use GH Organics line. Didn’t need to pH that stuff either. My brother was using it and ran into an issue though when his city water pH shot up to 8 or 9. I’ve been lucky I guess that my town water is pretty stable.
mine is 8

yep yep

pre-loaded buffering agents

a gardener once told me that nasa used GH nutes in the space lab…….I have since wondered if that was a good thing or not lol

mine is 8
From what I have read, a lot of municipalities run the pH high to keep the supply pipes from degrading. I have hunk organisms in organic grows can only compensate so much and then they just die off. I don’t know if it is the same for the AN line of nutes. pH also has a lot to do with where the aquafir is made up of. Limestone will make the pH high.

I use general hydroponics three parts system with Cal mag as an additive, and have all my life. It’s simple and it’s reliable, it’s always treated me well and doesn’t cost a fortune…
Same here, I dropped the grow no need for it.

This is my first time trying hydroponics and I'm using GH as well. I read the instructions on the back which state that for starts and seedlings you should use 1/4 tsp per gallon of the GH Flora Gro... in YOUR experience does that work out well, or do you use a little less or more than what GH recommends?

This is my first time trying hydroponics and I'm using GH as well. I read the instructions on the back which state that for starts and seedlings you should use 1/4 tsp per gallon of the GH Flora Gro... in YOUR experience does that work out well, or do you use a little less or more than what GH recommends?

been using GH nutes for about 15 years

Lucas formula , you can look it up

8 ml Micro
16 ml Bloom for adult plants

4 ml Micro
8 ml Bloom for teenagers

2 ml Micro
4 ml Bloom for babies

this is per gallon of water that has be Ph’d around 5.7 - 6.2

From what I have read, a lot of municipalities run the pH high to keep the supply pipes from degrading. I have hunk organisms in organic grows can only compensate so much and then they just die off. I don’t know if it is the same for the AN line of nutes. pH also has a lot to do with where the aquafir is made up of. Limestone will make the pH high.
...and makes good whiskey...

Bubba

While I realize this is an older thread, I'd like to throw in my 2 cents. I am a big fan of Advanced Nute line. While it is pricier and there looks to be a lot of components, Not all the components are needed to grow beautiful gooey buds. The hobbiest line as they call it will work quite well for anyone and as stated eairlier by Fogey..Its really nice to not have to worry about pH. I don't even know where my pH pen is at this point..haven't used on in 5 years. It was a game changer for me, I went from mediocrity to top shelf.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back