nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been using GH nutes for about 15 years

Lucas formula , you can look it up

8 ml Micro
16 ml Bloom for adult plants

4 ml Micro
8 ml Bloom for teenagers

2 ml Micro
4 ml Bloom for babies

this is per gallon of water that has be Ph’d around 5.7 - 6.2
I only have one question then... looked up Lucas Formula and converted ml to tsp so I could compare Lucas amount per gallon to the amount specified on the GH flora gro, and the Lucas formula uses way more per gallon (3 to 4 times as much) than what is recommended on the GH bottle. Isn't that gonna cause nutrient burn? I'm going to guess that somehow it must not since so many forum members appear to be using the Lucas Formula with great success.

I only have one question then... looked up Lucas Formula and converted ml to tsp so I could compare Lucas amount per gallon to the amount specified on the GH flora gro, and the Lucas formula uses way more per gallon (3 to 4 times as much) than what is recommended on the GH bottle. Isn't that gonna cause nutrient burn? I'm going to guess that somehow it must not since so many forum members appear to be using the Lucas Formula with great success.

i never had any nutrient burn in over 15 years using the Lucas Formula

can you post a photo of the nutrient chart you are using please?

I would like to see what GH is recommending these days

aybe they changed their formula but I doubt it

if in doubt , you can always use a little less and then observe how your plants react…they will tell you if they are underfed or overfed and it is an easy problem to fix

GH nutes are very forgiving

DynaGro for me. Has all the macros Cannabis needs in a 3 part line. I also don't PH.

Only other additive in my garden is Myco Tea that I brew myself.

Used General Hydroponics back in the day... Then Jacks Aqua Gold/Citrus with the occasional Epsom to boost magnesium.

Lots of options. I like to keep it simple as well.

Just jacks professional 20-20-20 at 1\2 tsp per gallon tap water.
Nothing else and what's ph?
😆
DSC-0196.jpg

i never had any nutrient burn in over 15 years using the Lucas Formula

can you post a photo of the nutrient chart you are using please?

I would like to see what GH is recommending these days

aybe they changed their formula but I doubt it

if in doubt , you can always use a little less and then observe how your plants react…they will tell you if they are underfed or overfed and it is an easy problem to fix

GH nutes are very forgiving
s-l1600.jpg

aaaarrrrggg

try using a syringe in ml or a beaker if you mix a lot

the syringe is real accurate

also , do you mix the micro first and then add bloom?

aaaarrrrggg

try using a syringe in ml or a beaker if you mix a lot

the syringe is real accurate

also , do you mix the micro first and then add bloom?
I know you gotta mix 'em separate but I don't remember what sequence I used. There was some comment in one of the threads that if you add them at the same time they can 'gum up' the works. But you're suggesting add micro to water first, mix thoroughly, then add the bloom... is that correct?

yes , Micro first then bloom in order to make a solution……and we most always would add some cal mag last , every other feeding

yes , Micro first then bloom in order to make a solution……and we most always would add some cal mag last , every other feeding
OK and many thanks to you for your kind assistance. I'll try again (an unfortunate outdoor grow left me with many seeds) and see how this works..

OK and many thanks to you for your kind assistance. I'll try again (an unfortunate outdoor grow left me with many seeds) and see how this works..

congratulations on the seeds…I love seeds , never hurt getting high , same with stems , just move them out the way

All the info I see on Lucas formula is 5 ml of micro and 10 ml of bloom per gallon which is what the chart says for micro with a double dose of bloom.
I only have one question then... looked up Lucas Formula and converted ml to tsp so I could compare Lucas amount per gallon to the amount specified on the GH flora gro, and the Lucas formula uses way more per gallon (3 to 4 times as much) than what is recommended on the GH bottle.
Why did you have to convert? The chart says 132 ml/100 liters which is 1.32 ml/liter. A bit less than 4 liters per gallon so about 5 ml(or a tsp) per gallon.

All the info I see on Lucas formula is 5 ml of micro and 10 ml of bloom per gallon which is what the chart says for micro with a double dose of bloom.

Why did you have to convert? The chart says 132 ml/100 liters which is 1.32 ml/liter. A bit less than 4 liters per gallon so about 5 ml(or a tsp) per gallon.
The only reason I converted was because the amounts on the GH Bloom and Micro bottles are all in Teaspoons, and while I can convert between the two and have a rough idea of equivalencies, I do a better job converting before hand instead of on the fly. The bottle amounts to use mostly call for 1/4 tsp per gallon when the plant is a seedling... the teaspoon per gallon is four times the manufacturers recommended 'dose' per gallon. That's why I asked if anybody was having issues with nute burn using Lucas, because Lucas calls for four times the manufacturers recommendation.

Latest posts

Back