Nutriant recomendations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddha65

Reaction score
I am leaving the bucket system behind and going for the ebb& flow/SOG system due to my space concerns. I have been researching new nutriants to use...There are so many manuf. and they all get a good rating on performance...Fox Farms seems to be a consistant product. Feed back with success/failure stories would be very helpful, thanx.
Buddha 65
:hairpull:

dont go ebb and flow :( bucket systems are the bomb. anyway id say advanced nutrients especially with that new connoseir. ive used the house and garden and it worked great but the advanced complete line is just impressive i keep the ppms lower then they reccomend too the house and garden root excelerator for my clippings is best i have found or powerclone etc.

Thank you for the good advise. I am still going to try the SOG method and give it good go. I have the room of a small bathroom and a grow space of 2x4'...just right to get the most out of my area. Otherwise I can only do 2 plants at most. I am going to try the Fox Farms nutriants this time. Wish me luck.

Buddha 65

you have grow space of 2'x4'? if you use the 1 plant per square foot "rule", you should be able to do more than 2 plants. Or are you restircted due to lights rather than size?

Anyway, was never happy with my Fox Farms... had lots of pH problems. But in all fairness, I screwed up in lots of little ways: small light leaks, following the instructions on the bottle rather than the feeding schedule and other newbie mistakes that I have since corrected, but once you go Canna nutes, you'll never go back!

No, lights are not a problem. Got me a 400 MH/plus conversion bulb for flowering. My first plant grew really tall and wide at the bottom with a 2' cola at the top, not bad for an unknown seed I plantred in my hydrogarden in the kitchen.
I just want colas this time. So I am starting from seeds I ordered. I will be very careful about the directions on the back of the bottles and schedule. What are Canna nutriants; you've obviosly had good luck with them? Thanx for the advice.

:cool:

buddha65 said:
No, lights are not a problem. Got me a 400 MH/plus conversion bulb for flowering. My first plant grew really tall and wide at the bottom with a 2' cola at the top, not bad for an unknown seed I plantred in my hydrogarden in the kitchen.
I just want colas this time. So I am starting from seeds I ordered. I will be very careful about the directions on the back of the bottles and schedule. What are Canna nutriants; you've obviosly had good luck with them? Thanx for the advice.

:cool:

Canna nutes are available at any hydro shop, probably. They are pH buffered so all you pretty much have to do is mix them in water. As close to idiot proof as you can get really. But I am growing hydro so pH is much more important than soil.

I am doing hydro also, but was using ther buckets...ph is a major concern to me also...will look for tyhe canna nutes whenI go buy some equip this Sunday..will talk to you soon.:D

Latest posts

Back