Nutrient Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slowlyburn said:
OK but what is the Cal-mg that I have seen being talked about in random threads? What does it do and is it a necessity?

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1957

Read through that its a nute thing that Hick linked me too on my thread^ good info on nutes and stuff.

You can find the ingredients to the soil mixes online or at your local feed store or maybe the hydro store can order the supplies for you.

GH Flora 3 part can be used in soil they have a soil chart on their website. Some people use the Lucas Formula where they just feed with GH Flora Micro and Bloom.

hxxp://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/resources/feeding_schedule/
This might help its GH's feed schedule list of PDF's if you choose to go with GH 3 part (best one imo from the research that I've done)

So should I buy a product online or just get Dolomite Lime?

People in soil say dolomite lime is good and you wouldnt have to keep adding it like you would calmag but I'm sure it couldnt hurt to have some on hand just incase there wasnt enough amended into your soil.

I figured instead of starting a whole new thread I would just revive this one. Hope you don't mind Slow.
I just got all my stuff today :)
GH 3 part and Botanicare Cal-Mag plus. The dude also threw in a small bottle of GH RapidStart. He seemed worried about my roots. The root mass is so big it is taking over the bucket lol. I do believe my aerators are now officially a living, breathing part of the plant.
There is a little discoloration to them though. Slightly brown. But they appear to be healthy and thriving. I've heard of peeps adding Hydrogen Peroxide and/or Epsom salts to their ressy's.
However I can't seem to find out why or how much. Any wise words on that?
Also, The Cal-Mag only really has directions for soil and coco... Im growing DWC and the pots have hydroton in them. Can anyone recommend a ratio?
I know less is more. the bottle says 2 tsp's per gal is the aggressive approach and 1 tsp per gal is normal for soil. My guess right now is 1 1/2 tsp (teaspoons) to 4 gallons?
My girls haven't had the greatest nutrition so far. I don't want them to die from shock lol.

I always used the recommendations for soil in my DWC. I added between 1 and 2 teaspoons per gallons of solution. One and a half teaspoons per 4 gallons is not nearly enough IMO.

I measure in ml using liquid Magical in my hydro system. I use 10ml of calmag per 15liters of solution from start to about the 6th week of flower. That is for going into coco though so for hydroton I would cut that in half. I think that translates to about the same as what Goddess said. :)

Slowlyburn said:
So should I buy a product online or just get Dolomite Lime?

Dolomite is only needed once/grow and cost >$5 for a 40lb bag. Lowes or HD.

Online?? Why??

Wet

EDIT: Hydro ... Nevermind.

Thanks for your responses THG and Hushpuppy. I followed the labels, converted teaspoons and tablespoons into milliliter's and added the cal mag.
I added the Cal Mag to the water before the Micro. Is that going to create a lockout like the label warns against? It says to mix in the micro first and then add the grow and bloom... of course you guys know that. IF cal mag is a supplement does it come after the micro, after the micro - grow - bloom or does it not matter?
The PH is at 5.9 and I didnt have to add any ph down. Still waiting on my Chinese PPM meter to arrive so I'm not able to give any info on that.
Does everyone follow the "Useless Formula" that is popular?

I'm not sure if that will be a problem or not but on the next solution addition, always add the micro first and then stir it in before adding anything else. 5.8-5.9 is right on time for hydro. Keep an eye on the PH every day until it levels out as it tends to drift a lot in hydro (especially in smaller rez). The reason is the PH is given with a ballance of chemicals in the water. As the plants take in the nutes and water, the ratio of acidic to alkaline chemicals changes.

Typically for me, during veg I set my PH to around 5.4 and it will drift up to around 6.2 before I readjust it back down. As the plants go farther into flower, that process reverses, and by the last few weeks I am jacking it up to 6.2 and within a few days it is down to 4.8-5.2. I think it works better for plants grown in hydro to allow the drift as different chemicals are absorbed at different levels. :)

Latest posts

Back