Nutrient Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowlyburn

Reaction score
First I stepped up the ventilation system. Now I just stepped up my lighting. My next step is to up my nute game... I have read so much about nutes but I am no closer to figuring out what to use. Keep in mind that I am a NOOB with ferts. I am looking for something easy and wont break my wallet too bad. More so easy than cheap. I saw a thread talking about GH and Advanced Nutrients. I was kinda interested in the AN 3 part kit. Can you fine folks tell me what you use and what brands are no good? Maybe fill me in on how much and how often you dose? Thank you!

I been using MG flowering JUNK! So... I'm sure anything is better than that stuff.

Yual Canuck or American? cause I can tell yual simple stuff used Canuck side ifin yual this side boarder? Like to help ifin I can

BWD

I use GH 3-part Myself and you can get the quart size set for around $40 on amazon. It is noob friendly but I would get some cal-mag to go with it if you choose to go that way. I am growing in soil,but I usually feed every third watering, though it varies depending on the strain. Hope this helps some, and good luck with your grow.

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Yual Canuck or American? cause I can tell yual simple stuff used Canuck side ifin yual this side boarder? Like to help ifin I can

BWD
I'm on the other side... lol

Slowlyburn said:
I'm on the other side... lol

Its ok still loves ya aint yur fault. Folk be given yual what ya need soon enough. Good luck yur trails travellin friend.

BWD

If you have to stick with chemicals then GH is the choice. I wouldn't buy AN if the world was ending. You didn't say what growing media you are using, but using something organic like 'Grow Big' is much easier and ->much<- less likely to burn plants or have a learning curve.

If you are a noob like me Dont use AN they are too hard to use, way too many additives keep it simple!!:icon_smile:

You might want to check out super soils, NV and subcool and a variety of others here have mixes posted somewhere here (cant remember at the moment) that is organic and after cook time, given you add the right amount of super soil to your base mix, you wont have to do anything but give PH'd water to your plants the whole grow.

Look in the Soil Mixes in my sig and you will get a better understanding of all the things you can use to build your soils

Woah... Those soil mixes are a little over my head... Where exactly would one even get some of those ingredients? Most of that stuff I have never even heard of... lol

Isn't GH for hydro growing? The link G13 posted sounds like a hydro schedule..

i'm a hydro man myself atm. i think most peoples problem with AN is that when they go to the website they dont like being bombarded with 10-15 piece nute packages. if you actually give the site a chance, they sell many basic packages.

AN jungle juice Grow, micro, bloom - cheapest
AN grow micro bloom - more expensive but not much ata ll
AN sensi grow A/B, bloom A/B - a 2 part base for each stage of life

then they have sooo many additives it makes your head hurt

This thread is really helpful. I am trying to figure out all these nute packages and systems as well and it can be really overwhelming. Even being very green to growing I'm tempted to start with a AN kit. I'll probably get the GH 3 part though. Which is ok for both hydro and soil if I'm not mistaken Slowlyburn.

I actually thought the AN website was ok... I was looking at the jungle juice and sensi packages... It says you have no need to adjust ph because all there products keep a neutral ph.

AmateurAspirations said:
This thread is really helpful. I am trying to figure out all these nute packages and systems as well and it can be really overwhelming. Even being very green to growing I'm tempted to start with a AN kit. I'll probably get the GH 3 part though. Which is ok for both hydro and soil if I'm not mistaken Slowlyburn.

I think I might be with ya... I may start out with the GH 3 part 32oz package. It sells for 40 bucks on ebay with free shipping.

Slowlyburn said:
I actually thought the AN website was ok... I was looking at the jungle juice and sensi packages... It says you have no need to adjust ph because all there products keep a neutral ph.

i can confirm that. look, the best way to go is just pick one, try it for a while, if you dont like it move on to the next. simple as that. i believe most reputable brands work well eough that it just comes down to preference

get a base. whether it be a 1,2 or 3 part system. some cal-mg(gotta love that cal-mg)lol. some rooting gel/powder(again personal preference) if your gonna cut clones. h202 if ur running hydro. and my personal favorite rapid rooter plugs as a cloning medium:). 100% success rate so far! wahooo lol

OK but what is the Cal-mg that I have seen being talked about in random threads? What does it do and is it a necessity?

Latest posts

Back