Nutrient Requirements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nilla420

Reaction score
Is it ok to use hydro nutes in a soil medium? Is there any benefit or disadvantage in doing so?

Nilla420 said:
Is it ok to use hydro nutes in a soil medium? Is there any benefit or disadvantage in doing so?
Yes, Nilla, you can use the hydro nutes in soil. As long as your soil isn't one with nutes already in the mix.

The hydro nutes that are around today are very well balanced for MJ grows. In soil, I would advise you to use a half strength solution to start with and then, work from there by watching your plants very closely.

Depending on the type of soil mix you've got, the micro nutes may not be needed. Most potting soil brands put the analysis on the back.

I've had my best luck with General Hydroponics "Flora" series nutes. As a three part mix, it's easy to mix it to your precise needs. All it takes is practice. You might try several diff mixes. One to each pot, and watch the grow on each to find your best mix.

Good luck to you man.

Thankyou Stoney. I am using GARDEN SAFE organic potting mix.(well it has Garden Safe tm, but says Schultz on it also) No synthetic chemicals added. It was pretty much the only soil I could find at the time with out time release nutes. It's nutes read .06%-.09%-.06% with .048% slow-release nitrogen. I have been using Schultz plant food plus on 3 week old plant. half strength 10-15-10 everytime I water. I'm thinking I should be using something with more N in veg. growth. This fert was the best option I had at the time I bought it, but I should have more options now with the season change.

Nilla420 said:
It was pretty much the only soil I could find at the time with out time release nutes. It's nutes read .06%-.09%-.06% with .048% slow-release nitrogen.
Hey, you're welcome. You've got me confused, (that's not that difficult lately), I'm not sure if your potting soil has nutes built in or not.

Can you make it clear to an old slow dude?

LOL

I'm confused that it has GARDEN SAFE tm. OMRI tm and it says SCHULTZ on the bottom of bag.

I don't think there are any nutes added, but they are required to put the nute table on bag. Kinda like the nutetrition tables on food. Not sure though.
.06-.09-.06 isn't very much nute at all. Soil should have a little bit of nute in it with out adding it.

Do you think I should use a diff. fert for veg then 10-15-10. I have been using it half strength.

Latest posts

Back