Nutrients & Lighting for Controlled Growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marry-Joanna

Reaction score
This is where i prove that i probably shouldn't even bother trying. But, I have a box in the corner of my attic/office/bedroom/where I live about 3” high and 1.5” wide and i am planing on growing just one plant at a time in soil.

Baring in mind that i only have £100 ($200 ish) to spend on bits and stuff and crap including seeds and that is, is only for personal use, I have a two part question.

1. What type of lighting would work best in that space and to what strength.
  2. What Nutrients in what amount would best suit the situation / Is there any way of using the amount of nutrients you use to stunt vertical growth without ultimately harming the plant or crop.
On another note i was wondering what sort of success rate i can expect, or in other words how many poor defenseless babies did all you veteran cultivators kill on your first try?:guitar:(Closest they had to a violin)

hahah I like your wording... I've killed a few in dirt... I can grow em for around a month then they die... PH problems imho...
Since switching to hydro, I have a 100% success rate...

Basically you just need to do some reading... always remember less is better then more... (nutes/over watering)

Marry-Joanna said:
This is where i prove that i probably shouldn't even bother trying. But, I have a box in the corner of my attic/office/bedroom/where I live about 3” high and 1.5” wide and i am planing on growing just one plant at a time in soil.

Baring in mind that i only have £100 ($200 ish) to spend on bits and stuff and crap including seeds and that is, is only for personal use, I have a two part question.
  1. What type of lighting would work best in that space and to what strength.
  2. What Nutrients in what amount would best suit the situation / Is there any way of using the amount of nutrients you use to stunt vertical growth without ultimately harming the plant or crop.
On another note i was wondering what sort of success rate i can expect, or in other words how many poor defenseless babies did all you veteran cultivators kill on your first try?:guitar:(Closest they had to a violin)

Interesting idea.... sort of a Pot - Bonsai concept

I would Google this a bit and do your homework... there are quite a few factors to consider.

CFLs sound like a great lighting solution for you... maybe 4 or 6 bulbs.

Get lowryder seeds... I know they are hard to find... but it sounds perfect for you (Google that too m8).

You must provide ventilation... I can not stress this enough.

Venting not an issue, well it is but thats sorted and tested. 3 PC fans one at the top and one at the bottom for air flow and a third suspended by some string with cleverly place card to make it turn its self.
Although i would assume that having that many lights might though my results out the window.

Latest posts

Back