~**nutrients**~

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redeye88

Reaction score
I am sorry to keep asking these questions but i want to be sure as to what i am doing...;

...i was curious about the process of adding nutrients (food) to your plants...

...i know nitrogen needs to be incorporated more during the veg phase, phosphorus during the flowering and potassium evenly throughout the whole thing, but how do you know how much to add and how often to do it.... is it like a every 2 week process or something?? and can u get simple nutrients, like individual packets of nitrogen, phos, potass, at a store and mix with water to simply feed your babies??

...and also i want to start off with some soil with at least some nutrients to hold me off for at least the first few weeks, what specific ingredients should i look for in a soil brand????:holysheep:

I got "gifted" to me a nutrient system that had Nutes specificly blended for Veg, Flowering, and Root cropping, that I would venture a guess and say that just about ANY local garden center has available, I believe most other plants that have a veg/flower cycle require for the most part, the same nutes, But if I'm wrong I know for fact that there are some made specifically for marijuana! and are available online.

Also. they tend to have instructions that are good maximums for distribution.

Hello red eye I’m new to the forum and I’m asking about the same questions, I have been using fish fertilizer 5-1-1 for the first 3 weeks after sprout then I switched to a blend that I found from (seed to stoned) on YouTube (hope that’s ok? Please someone reach out and I’ll edit if not. But he recommends (for the beginners like us) the general hydroponics flora trio I have been feeding the flora bloom the flora micro and cal mag and enjoying the results (short of some burnt foliage that I’m still trying to diagnose). Attached is some pictures for reference. I would not blame the nutes for the burning and I fact I think I may have diluted them too far as I mixed at 1/4 strength to err on the side of caution. My burning started before their last feeding. As for when I have been feeding, about once every 4-7 days, I try to get at least one water cycle in between each feeding, again I am new but I’m enjoying the results of what I’m doing. P.S. unless I get some more information/opinions I believe the damage to my plants was from me making the mistake of keeping pre mixed nutes and feeding with them, I think I will avoid this in the future and stick with fresh mixing what I’m planning to use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
This thread is over a decade old , redeye88 hasnt logged in since 2010, and you have another one going with the same info so let's keep the conversation in one place, it will be easier to follow.

Sorry I didn’t notice the date lol I was just trying to jump in and be social but I’ll pay more attention to the dates.

Latest posts

Back