nutrients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluntsmoker

Reaction score
im just getting everything ready for the next outdoor grow and ive already got some stuff but im not sure what else i need to use

blood meal 12-0-0
bone meal 6-12-0
miracle gro bloom booster 10-52-10
scott's 10-10-10 all purpose vegtable&flowers
epsom salt for magnesium and sulfur

i wanna order dr. hornby's iguana juice but it costs to much for the amount i will need

mornin' **..;)..you can forget about the epsoms, if you ammend with 1 tbsp per gallon of medium, useing horticultural dolomite lime. The lime will provde those micro nutes AND act as a ph buffer.

if you are going to use blood and bone, best dig those holes and mix your medium in well beforehand. At least a month or 2 before you plan to put plants in the holes.
Blood 'n bone attracts critters. It smells like ..blood 'n bone(food) to them, and they will dig for it. I've found that a couple of months of decomposition in the holes seems to make it a lot less attractive to them.

thanks hick, and also is blood and bone meal actually good or would i be able to get the same results with just the scott's 10-10-10 for veg and miracle gro bloom booster 10-52-10 for flowering i can also buy M.G all purpose which i think is 20-20-20 and if i should use the b &b meal cant i just make a tea with it or is it not like water soluble because that would be easier to use cus the plants will be put into the ground 1 week after they got put outside when it gets time to use more of it for flowering the only other way to give t is sprinkle it on the soil and maybe get 2 inches deep at the most so tea's would be easier

The chems will work. and fertilizer water is a great way of feeding herb but bone meal will not make tea and even though fresh blood is a GREAT tea, I have had absolutely no luck with trying to make tea from the dried stuff.

Good call about waiting a week till you put those plants in the ground. And when you do put them in, then they could use a couple of days of shade<<if you do that, then they will all do really well.

sorry for missing this bluntsmoker..
the only way that I have used blood n bone OD successfully, was to dig the holes and put it in "at least" a month to 6 weeks prior to planting. "Sprinkling" it on will draw critters, "tea" will draw critters.
I would recommend a "quality" organic/organic based fert, Fox Farms, Age Old, ect.
though I did do pretty well with MG products outdoors for years, I'm happier with the organic results.
Good call about waiting a week till you put those plants in the ground. And when you do put them in, then they could use a couple of days of shade<<if you do that, then they will all do really well.
..ditto...gradually introduce them to the harsh outdoor environment. Moving them right out into direct sunlight can shock hell outta' them.

Latest posts

Back