Obama Open To Limited Legalization

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firepower

Reaction score
hxxp://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/11/25/479649.aspx

Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 9:33 AM by Domenico Montanaro

From NBC/NJ’s Aswini Anburajan
OBAMA WEEKEND CAMPAIGN NOTEBOOK
AUDUBON, IA -- Obama can't seem to escape the smoke of his youthful indiscretions wafting after him on the campaign trail. Just four days after he told a group of high school students that he had experimented with drugs in high school, Obama had to admit to it again at a town hall here.

When a voter asked Obama if he was for the legalization of medical marijuana, Obama said that he wasn't in favor of legalization without scientific evidence and tight controls. Citing his mother who died from cancer young, Obama compared marijuana to morphine saying there was little difference between the two.

"My attitude is if the science and the doctors suggest that the best palliative care and the way to relieve pain and suffering is medical marijuana then that's something I'm open to because there's no difference between that and morphine when it comes to just giving people relief from pain,” Obama said. “But I want to do it under strict guidelines. I want it prescribed in the same way that other painkillers or palliative drugs are prescribed.”

But he added that he was concerned that the reasons for the use of marijuana would grow and create a "slippery slope."

"I was feeling really tense, so I needed a joint," Obama joked with the crowd of those who might try and undermine that type of system.

The question was followed up by another voter asking him, "Unlike other presidents, did you inhale?"

"I did," Obama said to loud applause and laughter. "It's not something that I'm proud of. It was a mistake … But you know, I'm not going to. I never understood that line. The point was to inhale. That was the point."

Well I would like to say a big HELLO to all my friends here, its been a while since i posted since i been busy with my new life but i am back and gotta say A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who helped me for over a year in here!!
HICK u the MAN!!!!
TBG well what can i say, THANKS!!!..
AlienBait, you l.e.d. GURU!!! sup with that?/ LOL
SmokinMOM, whats up sexy!!
and the rest of you all i forget to mention after smoki9n this fine homegrtown taught by the very best here, well How the Heck are you!!..

Glad to be back...

Just noticed im still the Extreme Football champion!! haha!!!! SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!! come get some!!! haha.. feels good to be back.. :aok:

man, your title made me think you had something new from Obama lol

me too lol. i got even more excited. but then i read this lol. dont know who you are bc im kinda new, but welcome back

"Obama compared marijuana to morphine saying there was little difference between the two."

We've got another idiot in the White house.

Look at my sig.

With Obama having an idiotic opinion like that, we have little to no chance for legalization, but if we send 20 million letters to the Whitehouse, maybe we can force his hand despite his stupidity.

yeah, he was comparing it medically. i dont think he was refering to effects. if he was then he is a complete retard.

but yeah repen the sig too lol. joining the train?

At least he is willing to think about it and open to talking about it.....
I have my letter all typed up and ready to print

:D At least he has a open mind.
:confused2: It's funny that most poeple try smoke when young only to te be against it when older.
Kinda like a cig smoker who quits, and preaches like they are holyer than you if you still smoke cigs.

:48: :tokie: :48:

:headbang2: :bong1:

All news is old news, unless you see it happen. When you tell someone it becomes old news.

Firepower said:
When a voter asked Obama if he was for the legalization of medical marijuana, Obama said that he wasn't in favor of legalization without scientific evidence and tight controls. Citing his mother who died from cancer young, Obama compared marijuana to morphine saying there was little difference between the two.

"..

His mother died of cancer so does that mean she was a smoker of MJ?

His Mother died because, she Smoked Cigs.

No there is nO evident of MJ will cause cancer is because Cigs been around since day one and if they would of made Mj legal way back when, then I think they would Know alot more today and as of today Health issue, they knows alot more about cigs then MJ.

To compare Morphine to MJ is a BIG JOKE Obama..

ok obama did not compare morphine to weed as far as affects on the body or mind, he said there is no diffreice between the 2 as far as if a doctor gives u an RX for pot, as a doc can perscribe morphine. that is a good thing my friend. it shows hes open mined, rome was not bilt in a day my friend, but its a step in the movment wich i am so happy is finley taking off!!!!!!

Their are thousand of drug a doctor can prescribe, that can kill, if not taken right. You will fall as sleep before killing yourself with weed, unless you bust you stomach from to much munchies.

Latest posts

Back