octocloner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrons78

Reaction score
I just purchased one new to clonning I have my root tech....and another highly recommend brand.there is no heater in system. . So I so need to buy one? Any tips from people that have used it.

I have never heard of the octo cloner--can you tell us more about it? If it is an aero type cloner with a pump in the res, you will most likely not need to worry about heat. In fact, sometimes they actually get too warm and you have to cool the res down. If it is more of a bubble cloner with no water pump and just an external air pump, whether you need a heater or not will be determined by the temps of the space the cloner is put.

just checked it out---i like it---looks like a good deal too---unless u had all the parts already on hand---u couldn't DIY that cloner for the $50 asking price---only downside i see to it is it's only got 8 clone sites

just checked it out---i like it---looks like a good deal too---unless u had all the parts already on hand---u couldn't DIY that cloner for the $50 asking price---only downside i see to it is it's only got 8 clone sites

Yea I bought it cuz guy on here doubles his up.ill have to ask him how...tech

I have never heard of the octo cloner--can you tell us more about it? If it is an aero type cloner with a pump in the res, you will most likely not need to worry about heat. In fact, sometimes they actually get too warm and you have to cool the res down. If it is more of a bubble cloner with no water pump and just an external air pump, whether you need a heater or not will be determined by the temps of the space the cloner is put.
http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-8-Site-Cloner-Bucket...

It never said anytbing about temps but said comes with all needed...but they show throwing a mix in the bucket with water that circular sparays roots n....need to find out what that is chemical is...tech

Thanks for the link. The pump is in the bucket. I doubt that you will have any problems with the temps being too low. Hope this works well for you. It seems I always have problems with the sprayers clogging up.

Thanks for the link. The pump is in the bucket. I doubt that you will have any problems with the temps being too low. Hope this works well for you. It seems I always have problems with the sprayers clogging up.

Well shoot. ...yea thats gonna suck.ill let u know how it works out..tech

keep an eye out... evaporation has a powerful cooling effect but realy, its all VERY dependent on YOUR setup.
I use a fish tank heater in mine set to (I think) 75F and its almost always on.

that's some fancy spray do-hickey thing LOL
mine has a capped off PVC pipe with a bunch of 7/64" holes drilled so streams of water spray out and hit the side of the bucket then splash.

:48:

View attachment PICT0716.jpg

View attachment PICT0662.jpg

LOL--contrary to Joe, I have to cool my res. The pump always takes the temps to the mid 70s....or higher when I run aero. The black bucket absorbing heat is also going to keep the res water warmer. I would definitely check the temps before I invested in a heater.

LOL--contrary to Joe, I have to cool my res. The pump always takes the temps to the mid 70s....or higher when I run aero. The black bucket absorbing heat is also going to keep the res water warmer. I would definitely check the temps before I invested in a heater.

Thx thg.....and nice looking roots camel...tech

I ran my pump 15 min on and 15 min off. It kept the res at a reasonable temp. I had 64 cuttings go in and all rooted. I also kept the light (t5) about 18 inches away an and ran 12\12. It keeps the black container from absorbing too much heat feom the light.

@ Lesso. Sounds like you're cloning under a T5?

If so, how many bulbs?

Cool. I have a 6 bulb that I just put in my clone/seedling closet and I was hoping it wasn't too much light. Mine has 2 switches for 2 bulbs, 4 bulbs or all 6 bulbs so I should be cool with 2 or 4.

Thanks

Perfect. Keep them about 18 inches to 24 inches away on 12\12.

Ok so just did my first cloning...in Octo how often do I check ph ? Daily? .how ofter do I use rooting hormones in the water?..do I just add all new water and pour old out after couple days?

Check the ph of the solution once a day. Keep it about 6.2. You dont have to change it out until you put a new batch of clones in. It stays pretty stable.
Set a timer for 15 on 15 off for the pump.

This thing works great...I just put 5 in cups..will do 3 or 4 tnt...so far the Octtocloner is acgreat buy..tech

Latest posts

Back