od to id

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dopeman420

Reaction score
i just moved my first outdoor plant to inside don't wanna take the chance of the frost coming early. But when i went and picked her up she had purple leaves and some stems are purple. She also isn't as green as she was, dark green now not shiny bright leaves. She's almost done a couple more weeks tops but what should i do about the colors.

I might be a purple strain if it is 90% purple or so.... if not then u have a deficiency.

hey dopeman:
i read on other forums that leaves can turn purple due to colder temp's. i live on the w. coast (canada) and some of my leaves turned purple. also, the flowers are using up all the nutrients throughout the stems,etc...causing leaves to yellow die off. anyway, things i've read
peace and happy blooming.

boydee..what you've read is true. The cool temps restrict/inhibit phos. uptake, which "can" express itself as purpling.

so what does that mean is everything ok or do i need phosphurus? i just looked at her and damn near every single stem is turning purple and lots of leaves are but around the buds the little leaves are turning bright purple. any input would be appreciated.

found this pic on here this is almost exactly what my lady looks like would upload my own of her but computers really messed up cant even read a disc anymore. anywayz, this is pretty much identical to mine where's hick he seems to know so so much teach me brother the only difference is the real small leaves around the buds are turning bright ass purple.

The strain in that picture did not purple indoors under warmer temps. Several successive nights of lower 40'sF induced that coloring.."IMHO".
I don't think adding P will help much "IF" the defficiency is due to temps. Even if the P is available, the plants aren't able to process it.

Hick has hit it on the nose...I had outdoor plants last year that turned purple on me...still smoked great tho.

Peace...j.b.

Latest posts

Back