Odd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hungarian Gypsy

Cosmo Kush is the best!
Reaction score
I've never had a plant grow like this. I water and give it Miracle Grow on time. Never had a problem. Anyway, as you can see from the pics, there are tons of small branches coming from the main stem and they are staying in a veg stage. One of them looks healthy. The other one is drooping. It's drooping, but not dying. Good color and all. Any theories?

It looks like youve got some hardcore stretch goin on my brother and they look droopy and over watered. It doesnt look sativa so I would guess that you are under par on your lighting.

Maybe top those girls IMHO.

I tried to get that stretching under control. Should I snap off the shade leaves before topping her. BTW: I've never topped before. Thanks for your input.

Ditch the miracle grow. Get better ferts and let it go thru the wet/dry cycle better.

Nooo do not cut the fan leaves. I would say the miracle grow is too hot for most MJ. I wouldn't say that you can't use it but I don't recommend it. It looks to me to be some overnuting on the one plant and MG is notorious for that. You would do better to get some tomato ferts if you can't get real MJ nutrients.

I would also agree that you have a bit of stretch there from not having enough light. If you don't have the space to run regular HIDs or high output floros then check at lowes for the large 200w CFLs or order some online. You need to achieve 3000 lumens per sqft while in veg to prevent that stretch, and 5000 lumens per sqft for flowering to get nice buds.

If you want to see those plants turn into bushes? go to the top of the plant and gently push open the topmost growth to expose the young leaf bud that is just beginning toi emerge. Take clean fingernails and try to pinch out 3/4 of that little bulb of leaf growth without cutting off the whole thing. If you don't get it exactly right don't worry. In about a week you will know if you got it right as the upward growth of that shoot will stop and all those little side branches will explode outward and upward. Within 3 weeks max you will have a bush where once you had a mini pine tree. :)

Do not cut your fan leaves!!!!!!!!!!! Why would you even say that! Sacralidge!!!(spelling) Ive heard there is no repentence after cutting fan leaves. Its a one way ticket to H E double toothpicks. Hushpuppy is right on the ball with everything.

Hushpuppy said:
Nooo do not cut the fan leaves. I would say the miracle grow is too hot for most MJ. I wouldn't say that you can't use it but I don't recommend it. It looks to me to be some overnuting on the one plant and MG is notorious for that. You would do better to get some tomato ferts if you can't get real MJ nutrients.

I would also agree that you have a bit of stretch there from not having enough light. If you don't have the space to run regular HIDs or high output floros then check at lowes for the large 200w CFLs or order some online. You need to achieve 3000 lumens per sqft while in veg to prevent that stretch, and 5000 lumens per sqft for flowering to get nice buds.

If you want to see those plants turn into bushes? go to the top of the plant and gently push open the topmost growth to expose the young leaf bud that is just beginning toi emerge. Take clean fingernails and try to pinch out 3/4 of that little bulb of leaf growth without cutting off the whole thing. If you don't get it exactly right don't worry. In about a week you will know if you got it right as the upward growth of that shoot will stop and all those little side branches will explode outward and upward. Within 3 weeks max you will have a bush where once you had a mini pine tree. :)

Thanks for the advice Hush. I think I will top them. I'm just so anal retentive when it comes to something like that. I'm the kind of person who will wonder for hours after I top it to make sure I did it right. Know what I mean? Thanks again. :)

So, if I top these plants (don't know the sex yet), they should get bushier. And will it keep them from growing taller? I like to keep mine at about 2 feet.

They will get bushier and slow down on vertical but they will still get taller until the 2nd to 3rd week of 12/12 then the vertical growth will really slow down

Yep, just as the Duck says. I understand being anal about making any changes to the babies, but Don't worry about messing up the topping method. At this point you could litterally cut them in half and they would keep on keeping on. If you do what I told you correctly, they will nearly stop their vertical growth for about 7-10 days but will bush out like crazy. If you don't do it correctly, the worse thing that will happen is that they will develop a twin top cola and will slow their vertical growth for maybe 3-7 days.

Id do as hushpuppy says but the top half id make into a massive clone so ya have two x plants.
T4

Hushpuppy said:
Yep, just as the Duck says. I understand being anal about making any changes to the babies, but Don't worry about messing up the topping method. At this point you could litterally cut them in half and they would keep on keeping on. If you do what I told you correctly, they will nearly stop their vertical growth for about 7-10 days but will bush out like crazy. If you don't do it correctly, the worse thing that will happen is that they will develop a twin top cola and will slow their vertical growth for maybe 3-7 days.
You seem very very knowledgable about this, so I think I will top them.........thank to everyone for your input.

Latest posts

Back