Odor Control..Ozone Generator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DillaWilla

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting and Air Lazer Ozone Generator for odor control...Has anyone heard of the???? Can you give me some info/advice ASAP please....

Peace Out and GG

Mod note: (can someone move this over to Grow room set-up and design?)

I've heard negative things about Ozone Generators. Here is a section outa the sticky in grow room setup.

I suggest reading the whole thing. its from the Overgrow GrowFAQ. there are two sections.

If your generator is pumping ozone directly into your grow room you will need to have a strong ventilation system to help keep the levels of ozone from building up to dangerous levels. Having the exhaust air vented outside is the best solution. Avoid spending excess amounts of time in your grow area if you are using an ozone generator. Concentrations (according to various controlling bodies) should not exceed concentrations of 0.10 ppm for more than a few hours at a time. It is also understood that these concentrations and below are not suitable for controlling odors. This means that if your grow room has an odor problem, and you are using an ozone generator, it is highly likely that you are exposing yourself to harmful levels of ozone. If you run your ozone generator on HIGH in a relatively unventilated area, you can easily reach levels of 1ppm, which is 10 times higher than the maximum recommended level.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1998

Myself -ion generator or carbon scrubber is the way to go. IMHO

i have a small air-zone ozone generator. compact and easily cleans a 40' x 40' room. most of dangers associated with ozone generators were with the old purple swimming pool gens from yesteryear. all equipment evolves with time and the ozone generators of today are SAFE, compact and easy to operate. mine has a remote control, timer, and 10 levels of power. in addition it can run as a ionerizer or just fan and has a filter system.

any equipment can be hazerdous if used improperly - read the directions on site. air-zone.com there are other products that are excellent as mine. for other peeps, please do some research before you give advise that is 10 years outdated.

i use mine primarily when i trim; using a carbon can filter in my rooms. ozone will give you a headache and will be unsafe if operated continuely to animals and plants. ever slept on the floor when dispensing co2 - i would not advise it.

36 crops later here we are.

I have read all the precautions and the one that I am going to buy is a very low power model that will not be run 24 hours a day. It will only be run for for 5 mins every half hour and then we will go from there. I really appreciate both of your opinions it was nice to see two sides of the topic. Thansk Again guys...Peace Out and Bless

astra007 said:
for other peeps, please do some research before you give advise that is 10 years outdated.

www.epa.gov said:
There is a large body of written material on ozone and the use of ozone indoors. However, much of this material makes claims or draws conclusions without substantiation and sound science. In developing Ozone Generators that are Sold as Air Cleaners, the EPA reviewed a wide assortment of this literature, including information provided by a leading manufacturer of ozone generating devices. In keeping with EPA's policy of insuring that the information it provides is based on sound science, only peer reviewed, scientifically supported findings and conclusions were relied upon in developing this document.

Manufacturers and vendors of ozone devices often use misleading terms to describe ozone. Terms such as "energized oxygen" or "pure air" suggest that ozone is a healthy kind of oxygen. Ozone is a toxic gas with vastly different chemical and toxicological properties from oxygen. Several federal agencies have established health standards or recommendations to limit human exposure to ozone. These exposure limits are summarized in Table 1.

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html and
http://www.epa.gov/ozonedesignations/

Hey, everything I posted previously was not my words.
I stated what I have heard and what my opinion is at the bottom. Research....that I can do. Just went over to where my tax money goes. I went over there to do exactly what you said. I doubted the info I posted. I found it to be not totally unfounded. The report I found at EPA spans from early 90's to 2004. I linked the report as it was way too much info. but please read before posting a reply. There are some key points in the report I didn't post.

I'm not sold. but thats whats cool about this site. debating and learning new things. peace.

yup, you posted yer opinion; that you dont like ozone generators. and yer support was an old post from overgrow. so........ my comments were to have even you, my friend mutt, to look at present day ozone generators . not trying to start a fight here, just an observation. so........ yipe, yipe, yipe = astra runs away

naw this ain't a fight. this is actually a decent debate.
I see your point. I seen your reply of 10 year old data. I went searching to find a lot of the data is 10 yrs. old. but what disturbed me is that I could not find any new data by a seperate source on these manuf. ozone generators. So I went to the EPA which still stands by there original reports. I think you may have won this debate. I'll google around some more. might end up selling myself on it. I'd like to know who is testing these things??? EPA quit a few years ago.

you can check out the air-zone website. im sure that it said aprroved by?? its an american company. and they have a new 1 out here in canada that is shaped like a gun that is csa approved.

there seem to be alot of tests done with interaction with people in the workplace and i agree that this is not good. automatic controls can mess up and then ya got dead people. or very sick.

akin to co2 generators; ozone can be fatal if improperly used, thus all the hype AGAINST usuage.

but used in a grow room with supervision and pulse action in selected volumes, i see no problem with. i only use mine as needed not continuous.

Latest posts

Back